• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My first gen. Toyota scaler

PHILLBILLY1

For the last year or so I have been trying to build this project. I have a ton of build pictures, and will post them shortly. Here is what it looks like today....

crawler01.jpg

crawler02.jpg

crawler03.jpg

I just finished building this bumper this morning.:awesomework:
crawler04.jpg

A few specs on it:

-AX10 Axles
-2.2 proline wheels w/HB Rovers
-Emaxx 2sp. Trans
-HiTech 645 servos
-Tamiya Hilux Cab
-Traxxis EVX-2 ESC
-DX3E TX/RX
-3 cell lipo
-CC BEC
-Traxxis driveshafts

All the rest was built by myself, with the exception of the aluminum frame rails(pos97TJ).

I know this thing is not comp legal, and I do not care much. :kissmyass:

why wouldn't it be comp legal... have you checked out the scale comps at either of these two boards...

http://northwestscalerc.com/forum/index.php

or here

http://warcrc.org/forum/index.php

your only issue is the tires from what i can see...

nice rig!!!:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

I'll have to go over the rules then and check:awesomework: Thanks! Took it out today, and it does alright. I need to tweak with the weight ratio and suspension a little. Not too bad for a shake down run:redneck:

Couple of the build pictures.........
These will be in a random order, but who cares:fawkdancesmiley:

Wes burned out the frame on his plasma table for a good starting point:awesomework:
toytruggy5.jpg

toytruggy4.jpg

toytruggy3.jpg

Now came the tricky part. Mounting the body on the chassis..........I wanted it to be as strong as possible, and not have to drill holes in the new body. This is what I came up with. Integrated sliders/body mount.:awesomework:

slider.jpg

Got the rub rails on the sliders, and started fitting them to the frame
slider3.jpg

A shot of the body mount/sliders all finished
slider2.jpg

here we sit. Time to work on the rear tube work:awesomework:
slider1.jpg

Gotta start somewhere, so I started with the main hoop behind the cab.
toytruggy6.jpg

Got it mounted up.:awesomework:
toytruggy8.jpg

Side shot
toytruggy9.jpg

To keep with the theme of utilizing factory holes, I found this one to be a good spot to attatch it to the hoop:awesomework:
toytruggy7.jpg

With the main hoop being done, I kinda hit a wall as to how I was going to keep goin with it. I knew what I wanted it to look like, but the frame wasn't working with me......so I hacked it off and made a base to build off of:awesomework:
toytruggy10.jpg

Now I connected the two
toytruggy11.jpg

At this point, I am ready for new shock hoops:D
toytruggy12.jpg

So now, here we sit
toytruggy13.jpg

Now I added the tube that will be used in the future for hangin the bed skins

toytruggy02.jpg

Side profile
toytruggy08.jpg

Oh yeah.....I prepped the cab for paint:redneck:
toytruggy01.jpg

Now I painted it:fawkdancesmiley:
toytruggy09.jpg

Here it sits in front of my other crawler.....BIG difference:haha:
toytruggy002-1.jpg

Apperently that is where my documentation ended:eeek: Anyhow, I did not like how high it sat, so I opened up the fenders and tweaked the suspension to lower it down a bit:awesomework: Now it seems like I will have to re-work the suspension to get it lower again........ Pretty much caught up to where it is today. Lots of missing ****, but the majority of the build is here.

Nice work phil. you wanna go play let me know, I am in rainier and the skook is right down the road. Tons of fun there.

Thanks man:awesomework: You kinda inspired me to do my own tube work.:awesomework:
Out in rainier eh? When did you move? I can't believe I haven't even ran the Skook yet. Wes and I were talkin about that today. We want to go soon.:awesomework:

slider3.jpg

How ya gonna get the door open? :haha::fawkdancesmiley:
:redneck:
Looks good Phill!:cool:

Gotta climb through the window....:haha::fawkdancesmiley:

Thanks Kev:D Lots of trial and error with this thing, but I am happy with the outcome so far:awesomework:

Got the VP's switched out on it:bling: Should do 80 now:awesomework:

crawler05.jpg

Almost ready for battle again. Switched the weight ratio on it. Made it a little ligther in the rear, and a little heavier in the front. After I tune the suspension a little, we will see how it performs:awesomework:

Also got my hands on an 11 turn Cobalt Puller motor:stirpot: Oughta add some wheel speed to it:redneck:

Latest posts