• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Ford My Ford My Ford!!!

It would be cheaper to pay a shop to get it to pass or get a waiver than fill that gas guzzling whore:rolleyes: Just saying:flipoff:

True....but I only live a couple miles from work and I'm a stubborn fvck:redneck:I'm still "way ahead" money wise than getting the $150.00 waiver. I'm gonna run through emissions again tomarrow with a 2:1 Gas to Methanol mix in the tank........should pass with flying colors:redneck:

Thinking about an intake swap on my dd 69 f250 390. Stock w/a 2 barrel now, have a performer rpm and a edelbrock 650. You think I could gain some mpg?

Maybe. I went from the stock intake/2v on the F-100's 390 to the F427 and a holley 600. Mileage stayed the same but it gained a **** ton of power.

Got to taking the F350's 390 apart tonight.

:mad:

The person who put the intake on this motor used RTV on the valve covers... which glued them to the heads. Half the intake bolts were loose, they used RTV for the end seals so the damn intake was glued to the motor.... and... Almost all the the spacer springs for the rocker arms are broken. Oh, and the factory valley pan is gone. :rolleyes: :shaking:

I can't believe it ran as good as it did, and I'm damn lucky it didn't pop a push rod or drop a valve with those broken springs. :wowwow:

IMG_11101.jpg

IMG_11111.jpg

IMG_11121.jpg

IMG_11131.jpg

IMG_11141.jpg

IMG_11151.jpg

IMG_11161.jpg

So... I'm gonna use the rocker shaft assemblies from the F-100. I left off at cleanup and reassembly for the night.

IMG_11181.jpg

Actually amazed it didn't some damage with those broken springs. Good thing you had a hair up your ass to work on it:flipoff:

Looks good Pat :awesomework: I need to start in on mine now that the heep is nearly finished. Dont really want to be towing much with my service van.

Gotta love the older trucks where a man can actually work on them without a laptop, looks good Pat, love the bling :awesomework:

Got to taking the F350's 390 apart tonight.

So... I'm gonna use the rocker shaft assemblies from the F-100. I left off at cleanup and reassembly for the night.

And yet, you still managed to get greasy fingerprints ALL over the new gaskets!:fawkdancesmiley: (Can't bode well for a good, long term seal...)...:D

Finished putting a MSD 6T ignition box in tonight. This truck was previously converted to Ford's Duraspark ignition. I left that wiring in place and wired the box so it could be unplugged, and the coil plugged back into duraspark. That way I'd still be able to drive home if the MSD box failed, or if the MSD box in the race car failed, and we robbed this one.

IMG_11311.jpg

Scored a clutch fan this morning at pick a part for $14.95... It moves a ****ton of air. Hopefully it's less drag on the motor and helps mileage.

IMG_11411.jpg

IMG_11431.jpg

Do you have a shroud for that fan/rad combo or is out for the pics? A shroud would help a ton for pulling air