• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My former life

DavidsCJ7

You guys didn't know me in my former life (pre wheelin). I was bored tonight cruising the web and ran across this article on ESPN. I thought I would share, what turned out to be the end of my, 13 year long, former life.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rodeo/general/news/story?page=g_fea_Carmody_DavidQuirin

No joke, that **** had to hurt. I am trying to picture what happened in my mind but I cannot really do it.

Matt O. said:
That is insane. Holy crap. Do you still do it or did you give it up?

No, I quit in 2005. One thing that wasn't in the article, because I didn't know about it at the time. I completely destroyed my right shoulder in the accident. Every muscle and tendon in my shoulder was torn or pulled away from the bone. I competed for 4 months until the pain became completely unbearable. I had reconstructive surgery and was going to be out for several more months. My shoulder never healed the way it was supposed to so I opted to quit rather than have surgery again.

David said:
No, I quit in 2005. One thing that wasn't in the article, because I didn't know about it at the time. I completely destroyed my right shoulder in the accident. Every muscle and tendon in my shoulder was torn or pulled away from the bone. I competed for 4 months until the pain became completely unbearable. I had reconstructive surgery and was going to be out for several more months. My shoulder never healed the way it was supposed to so I opted to quit rather than have surgery again.
well its a good thing you didn't reinjure it wrestling that wily P in clayton then. You go lucky laughing1
that's awesome david. I knew you used to be a steer wrestler, but didn't know anything else. cool man thumb.gif
this damn buggy jeepin is way safer if you stay in teh cage. :woody:

Thats insane. I remember you saying something about doing that on hear before, but I didn't realize you were that into it.
Awesome, At least you have some cool ass stories.

Damn Son, your tougher than a $2.00 steak at the Waffle house. I guess this time the "doggy punched" back. Glad to see you have not let it get you down and that you still have the capabilities to do other things that you enjoy. So many other accidents of half the complications you have suffered, end up with worse endings. You are one tuff sumbee. thumb.gif

I knew you were a famous steer wrassler , but damn I didnt know it went down like that !! :eek: I cant even imagine barrell rollin with a horse on top of you holy ish man ! :-X

I've seen the video of the wreck. It is pretty amazing. when he hit the ground he never moves again and you know its bad.
Sometimes I think he is still recovering. just waiting to get to where he can jump some more steers.

InDaShop said:
I cant even imagine injuries like that. Which side do you go off? Did the steer run right to left and cut the horse off?

How did the horse fare?

Right side. The steer came right too left. The horse was a little sore but fine.

Latest posts