• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My new trailer - Ultimate big boy toy box?

John that is SWEEEEEET! I have been looking at getting and enclosed, havent looked at the haulmark, but the others I have looked at it was really pretty cheap to get taller. Do you know if you can get taller in a haulmark? How much room do you have up front after you got the rig in there, it looks like you could stop and make lunch?????

Some interior shots /w the Jeep out:

53325ea6.jpg

df56d3fd.jpg

405b3486.jpg

98ec1b4a.jpg

60d6d1c7.jpg

03 CON said:
John that is SWEEEEEET! I have been looking at getting and enclosed, havent looked at the haulmark, but the others I have looked at it was really pretty cheap to get taller. Do you know if you can get taller in a haulmark? How much room do you have up front after you got the rig in there, it looks like you could stop and make lunch?????

You can start with ANY trailer you want. Their economy hauler, the mid-line race trailer (which mine is based on), up to their top of the line EDGE trailer. Yes, they have a goosneck available /w a different floorplan. You can get taller too. There's one that's like 8 feet tall inside. There is room to use the kitchen area /w the Jeep inside. When we go to Little Naches we take my boys quad for him to ride in the campground and there's room for it in the kitchen area /w the jeep inside. Vintage Trailers was another manufacturer that I looked very closely at, but then got lucky and found this one in stock locally. They really aren't as expensive as I would have thought if you compare to larger motorhomes, new campers ($25K plus!!!), etc. I priced a brand new 38' Goodneck Vintage Outlaw. It had triple 6200# axles, 20' garage, NICE living quarters, awning, a/c, onan genset, lots of aluminum, diamond plate, cabinets, etc. for $31K.

J

That thing rocks, I want one.
Gotta wait a few years.
Just adding on to the house and building a garage/shop this year.

Harvester of Sorrow said:
Mr. Avanteone...

What is the interior width from fenderwell to fenderwell...As in what is the widest rig that would fit in there be?

My rig is 78" wide. I would say 82" would be a tight squeeze.... otherwise you'd have to go monster truck style and bolt on smaller front tires to put it away in the trailer :)

J

03 CON said:
So John, have you used it yet? Any updates on things you like/ dislike?

We camped in it in the driveway once /w the boys :) hahaha. I just got the awning installed today. I leave for Moab next saturday for 9 days, so give me a couple of weeks and I'll have a full report.

John

OK, got back from Moab yesterday. I LOVE this trailer. I didn't get QUITE the fuel economy I was hoping for. I pulled about 11.5mpg, which I guess isn't TOO bad for over #16K total weight, at 70+mph in all those mountains :)
It is PERFECT though, perfect size, nice having the micro, sink, etc. and ALL THAT SPACE that I didn't have /w the truck mounted camper. Got it all cleaned up and ready for Naches in two weeks. HAHAHA

John

John, Did you miss having AC down there, or did it keep cool enough in there without it?

03 CON said:
John, Did you miss having AC down there, or did it keep cool enough in there without it?

It was perfect without it... although later in the summer I would say it would be more of a necessity. I will add the a/c eventually, the trailer is pre-wired for it.

J

trailer looks sharp. what's the fresh/grey/black water on that? looking for something a little less bulky then our weekend warrior for short trips.

roccrawler said:
Nothin like waking up to the fresh smell of oil and gas....

Believe it or not, my jeep doesn't leak. Seriously. I back it out when we get there, I didn't smell anything the entire trip.

J