• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My (Randy's Rock Rods)build

Re: Re: Re: My (Randy's Rock Rods)build

Rohlingoffroad said:
5.3 will hold up better from what I have seen when used in a force inducted setup if ur staying with a stock bottom end and if or when I blow this one up I can buy another one for $300-400

I thnk it was hot rod mag that made like north of 1200hp on a stock bottom end 4.8 with a cam head work and twins. They are extremely tough engines and like you said if you pop one another long or short block cost next to nothing

You will need to open the ring gaps up to make it live. But they are great engines even in stock form.

Yep the ring gaps are opened up and it has arp rod bolts and head bolts and I will be running it on E85 were we can turn the wick up if needed this will be my first boosted gas engines. I have built and own some high hp Deisels so I am going to see how the gas world works this go around I have a few friends with boosted LS motors that are very knowledgeable on them to help me :woot:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smurfy90 said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think in this case it will be WWWWRRRRRRRRRRR PPPPSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH

Bumpers said:
I think in this case it will be WWWWRRRRRRRRRRR PPPPSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH

Gotta love that turbo spool.

id stay far away from E85 in our part of the country.... its not controlled you never know if you gettin it varies and is mixed at the gas station . the truck bring in e100 and add it to the holding tank so you may have e90 or you may end up with e60.... look into VPs new C85 its a wicked blend and makin crazy power... and its controlled you know what you have every time you fill up .

Ok I will look in to that I have used E85 before and I know what u mean on the quality control for sure I keep a e85 tester in the truck when I buy it I was goin to buy 55 gallons at a time and mix it to my liking but I will check on the c85

Glad to see someone using the cyclone case!! That is the route i was planning to go. Its quite a bit smaller than the other direct drives.

If u can find a supplier that can get you c85 its the same thing as e85 except it guaranteed to b 120 octane you have to buy it in 55 gallon drums but it is worth it your tuner will love it just make sure you got plenty big injectors it takes a lot more fuel when running ethonal

Re: My (Randy's Rock Rods)build

A few of the welds goin down on this chassis...

y3u3ysug.jpg

retynu3u.jpg

epy2ynuq.jpg