• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My side Harley carb swap on a 1.3 zuk?

Im running a turbo on a 1.6 8v with a CV. I started with the stock TBI setup so the comparison is night and day. The tunability is what's nice... especially for what we do. Stock carbs work great for road use but not so much for instant response.

I'd recommend checking in with DWR power on Facebook. He makes some really nice setups. The biggest problem with a stock 1.3/1.6 is the intake manifold. He makes his own and from what I hear it's a night and day difference by itself.

If you wanna know more fee free to ask. Cost will vary depending on your abilities and part availability. I went junkyarding for a lot of it and built my own turbo manifold so what I'd tell you may be way off. Let me know how you plan to proceed and I'll help however I can.

Re: Re: My side Harley carb swap on a 1.3 zuk?

clemsonjeep said:
Im running a turbo on a 1.6 8v with a CV. I started with the stock TBI setup so the comparison is night and day. The tunability is what's nice... especially for what we do. Stock carbs work great for road use but not so much for instant response.

I'd recommend checking in with DWR power on Facebook. He makes some really nice setups. The biggest problem with a stock 1.3/1.6 is the intake manifold. He makes his own and from what I hear it's a night and day difference by itself.

If you wanna know more fee free to ask. Cost will vary depending on your abilities and part availability. I went junkyarding for a lot of it and built my own turbo manifold so what I'd tell you may be way off. Let me know how you plan to proceed and I'll help however I can.
X2.

I think the turbo lpg is just as nice and simpler, but gasoline is more convenient.

I had to install the Harley my side on my 86 tin top. It was impossible to crawl up any kind of incline before the swap. i mean its still a 1.3 but now i don't have to be in the gas to make it up onto the trailer. the throttle cable used on mine was junk. snapped right before the set screw, replaced with 1/8" air craft cable and no problems since.
Depending on where you order from, be aware of long lead times. mine showed up almost 3 weeks late.