• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My YJ

Here it is with gussets and bars for shoulder harnesses. The gusseting and triangulation may be overkill but 6" long pieces of 1.25" don't weigh much and they give me peace of mind if I ever roll it real hard.

picture.php

I still need to finish the dash- it is just a simple piece of 1" angle and 16ga to hold instruments, radio, and heater controls (thats right buggy guys, my luxury beater still has a heater!:fawkdancesmiley:).

I also still need to figure out the rear. I removed the bumper it had because it was about 8" too wide and always snagged on crap. Since it will be getting backhalved in the future I just need a temporary solution to tie the cage into the frame and provide good tow points. My idea was to use couple 10" pieces of 3x4 angle bolted into the bumper location with tube running from the top of the angle up to the rear hoop. I know angle will look hella ghetto but I think that will be the simplest and strongest solution for now. As always I am open to ideas if anyone has any. :beer:

Here is an artists rendering of my excellent idea :redneck:

picture.php

Thanks Bill:beer:

The heep has just sat here for almost 2 weeks- I had some emergency home repairs taking all my spare time (septic system :puke:).

But in the meantime I finally bought a towrig! :cheer: It's just a work truck but it will drag my jeep around just fine. 94 Chevy 3/4 ton with a utility bed, unfortunately its 2wd but the engine and tranny are strong. I'm planning to take it in to the guys at Wesweld in Stanwood to have a better hitch put on it then it will be ready to tow.

This weekend I am going to bust ass on the jeep and hopefully by next week have it close to wheelable or done for now. :cool:

You have alot of make-up wheeling to do Pat.:D

Let us all know when you want to take it out for the first trip.

Ready to wheel...

...or done for now. I still have a long list of future projects, upgrades, changes, fixes, etc.

But I got it out of the garage and did some yard wheeling this weekend.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the funky little dash I threw together using the stock instruments (modified slightly :redneck:) and some metal I had laying around. The heater controls are basically just an on/off switch for the heater and all the controls are no longer functioning. I don't need things like 'vent' and 'defrost' with no doors and windshield but the heat will be nice on cold night runs. :D

picture.php

Here is where the fuel tank now lives. I still need to tidy up the plumbing a little. I will upgrade to a fuel cell eventually for space/astetics but for now this tank serves its purpose just fine.

picture.php

I want to get a metal (aluminum) roof made but for now I put the old bikini top on. I took the channel off the top of the old windshield frame, cut 6.5" off each side, and screwed it into the tube.

picture.php

And here is the ugly ass. Next time it goes under the knife all this is getting redone.

picture.php

My thoughts after a couple laps around the yard-

-Leaf springs suck... I gotta change that soon. They squeak like mofos after sitting for 8 months.

-I'm kinda tall so I wish I had mounted the seats a little lower. Headroom is sufficient but I will lower them another inch or two in the future.

-I gotta get out and wheel this thing. It needs a good beating to shake everything down and see how it holds up.:beer:

Last edited:
Yes the seats are very comfortable. I am looking forward to getting 'seat time' in them. :D

Call me- I lost all #'s recently in a freak cell phone accident. :redneck:

I'm hoping for this weekend, mabey Sat pm -Sun. Either one, one's closer and one's more funner. Closer might be better for first trip (mainly for the towrig).