• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches and Old Wagon Trail

Jacob

Viewer Discretion Advised
I am looking for a guide or a group to go with since I have never been and I would like to take my son on a nice wheeling/camping trip before the summer weather is over.

Anyone plan on going or want to get together a group to go soon?

How about 17th/18th of this month? Either of you know how to get there and where to go?

Can you go over the wagon trail and then wheel the Naches area?

Excuse me for my dumb questions but I have never been there and want the whole experience.

How about 17th/18th of this month? Either of you know how to get there and where to go?

Excuse me for my dumb questions but I have never been there and want the whole experience.

yes you can as long as your "street legal" You have to use the little naches river road to get from the naches trail to the kaner.

The trail is not hard by any means with 2 hills with any steepness and the section of trail that goes above the river/some side hilling but very scenic and fun..

I have always enjoyed that trail.

If our rimrock trip at the end of sept (23rd-26th) falls apart (likly) We may be doing a camp out of the rigs type run starting out on friday morning on the naches trail and then spending the next couple of days in that area.

If our rimrock trip at the end of sept (23rd-26th) falls apart (likly) We may be doing a camp out of the rigs type run starting out on friday morning on the naches trail and then spending the next couple of days in that area.

This is what I would like to do.

These days would be perfect for me. I do know the trail fairly well. Mpas help to though:redneck:

I game for a day trip this month.

Can we leave this side, do the wagon trail, go over to the funny rocks area and make it back here in one day?

If so this is the best bet for me because my son has football games every Saturday night until the end of October.

If we can't do all that in one day you want to do a Sunday/Monday trip?

Just the trail alone is most of the day in a mildly built rig. A buggy could hot lap it in a few hours, but to throw in the rocks too? another half a day if you wheel the whole trail. You can get to the rocks quickly from a FS road, just off 410, but I can't give anyone directions because I am always driving. I could probably find it on the map.

I am planning on that run with my club on the 15th of October but if I can get the time, I might make it sooner and again later.

Don't forget to check and make sure the trails are open before you leave. Things are getting pretty dry and the ranger start to get nervous about wildfires.

Can we leave this side, do the wagon trail, go over to the funny rocks area and make it back here in one day?

If so this is the best bet for me because my son has football games every Saturday night until the end of October.

If we can't do all that in one day you want to do a Sunday/Monday trip?

Not sure about the rocks. But the trail definetly. Mondays are hard for me to take off.

I'm never been on either trail but am willing to follow.

Just the trail alone is most of the day in a mildly built rig. A buggy could hot lap it in a few hours, but to throw in the rocks too? another half a day if you wheel the whole trail. You can get to the rocks quickly from a FS road, just off 410, but I can't give anyone directions because I am always driving. I could probably find it on the map.

I am planning on that run with my club on the 15th of October but if I can get the time, I might make it sooner and again later.

We just (Sat 9/10) led a group from Long Meadow over the Naches Trail (not the Rabbit Holes section) to the Pyramid Pass intersection (past the cabin) in about 2.5 hrs. We had lunch then went down Pyramid and went up the rocks via the logging road next to Kaner and down the Lilly Pond trail to Milk Creek Rd. Total time 5hr 15 min. This was a very slow moving newbie run that included a couple of bone stock open/open rigs. Our normal group could have easily done this trip in under 4 hours.

ran the whole wagon trail from start to finish today in my very mild 4runner (open front and rear 31's pretty difficult trail in a stock type rig if u start at either end and run the whole thing. 4.5 hours one way. the center section from the pyramid crossing by the meadow to the last crossing no problem. the first part on the west side was torn up pretty well and the hill climb twisty part at the end were difficult. no body damage but some puckering, its really weird going to a stocker from my previous buggy, much more fun to have a good challenge though. river was very refreshing i must add