• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches area conditions

JThompson

How is it over there in and around Kaner Flats, Kaner trail, Shoestring (I saw the other post on this one, but everybody's opinion differs) and Naches Pass trail?

We will be leaving Thurs. morning and staying till midday Sunday (19th - 22nd) and am just wondering if it is still rather snowy/wet over there. This is the latest we will have gone over and camped/wheeled for our first trip of the year, and it looks like there is more snow than before! I have gone over the first weekend of June with little issues...

It is me, Booniebuster (riding bitch), and a buddy of mine in a moderately modified '97 XJ. We love the area, but are a little worried that things won't be nearly as "open" as in the past. I believe Naches Pass opens June 15th? Or is it later this year?

I was looking at a bunch of pics a local club took on a run there today and it looks like its dried out a lot. very little snow in the funny/moon area. They didn't mention anything about the trails being to muddy and kaner looked like it had dried up a lot since memorial too.

Fixed. :awesomework:
Ok, but what about the EAST side? And, is it usually July? I could have sworn the sign said June last year, but this year was very wet......
We plan on heading out friday morning and staying till sunday this weekend with some friends.

Where are you camping? Maybe we will see you there. We are just going to be lazy and camp at the Kaner Flats campground. It is in the middle of everywhere we want to go.

You have my vote for 2016 Prez, as long as you test the rope, White Trash! LOL

Last edited:
The NAXJA group is going to have a LARGE group of people over there all weekend as well. I am camping /w them and we are staying @ Long Meadow.

J

The conditions were great, for us! Only a minute or two of showers, and plenty of sun! The trail wasn't sloppy, but wet enough in spots to make you honest.
We ran up Naches Pass trail until we got into snow, then ran up Kaner (676) until shortly after Lily Pond, just after the open rocky area. We turned around due to time and fuel.... drats. I am stoked to have scouted so much of the area this time, and finally know where the Milk Pond trail (617) comes out at. I will definitely run that one next time.

Wish I could have made this trip with you guys. I should be ready by the next one though. I just have a few loose ends to tie up with my truck, but Im making good progress with it. Sounds like you had a good time. Im shooting for a weekend in Gold Bar in the next couple weeks for a maiden run with my truck and Ashleys 4Runner at the same time if youre up for it.

~T.J.

We did Manashtash camp and the 311 on friday then 307 and 308 and tried 309 and could not even get to the 330 on saturday, RubyDoo was getting lost in 5' snow drifts and broke the ratchet/brake assembly on the 8274.