• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches july 22-24

redneck_hippy

Headed down this weekend with a group of people. What are the trail conditions?
Is the discovery pass or any other pass required now? I didn't see Naches on the discovery pass on the map.

Discover pass is state, Naches is federal run, so you need a pass from the USFS if it's posted. I was over there camping this past weekend and it's pretty dry but you may run into snow higher up,

In order to login you must be registered. Registering takes only a few moments but gives you increased capabilities. The board administrator may also grant additional permissions to registered users. Before you register please ensure you are familiar with our terms of use and related policies. Please ensure you read any forum rules as you navigate around the board.

Quote:
In order to login you must be registered. Registering takes only a few moments but gives you increased capabilities. The board administrator may also grant additional permissions to registered users. Before you register please ensure you are familiar with our terms of use and related policies. Please ensure you read any forum rules as you navigate around the board.

Picture a stockish wrangler and 2 stockish cherokees flailing around on a little bit of snow and downed trees on the naches trail. Then saying that some new bypasses are needed because there are big trees down in the trail and its too hard.

Last night at the PNW meeting we were told that due to snow conditions the Naches Trail is still closed. Yes, I know that the sign says July 15th.

don't know but this is all the sign said...

Natches079.jpg

Alan spoke directly with the FS and was told it is in fact open...

Not sure where the PNW got their info... If you're concerned, just pick up a phone and call...

From Bob as of yesterday.

Hey JIm. I was going with the normal opening of July 15th since there has been lots of traffic irregardless of conditions. I looked on July 13th and there was still 4' of snow on the trail at the junction below the PCT on the west side. I am going up to check today for a scout project at the PCT/Naches junction next Monday. Bob