• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches, July 4th weekend.

99.9% of the trails and rocks should be clear of snow by the 4th. I was up there on the 18th and there was a few patches left but not that much. Bill, you guys should have fun, 1701 is a nice smooth road to drive up too. Take some pics cause I cant go. I think we will be able to make it back over there maybe the weekend after.

Funny rocks are clear for the most part... the easy line to the side still has snow on it but who cares. The Moon rocks are a different story but you can still have fun on them. Any trip to the rocks is not a waste of time, snow or no snow... its always fun!

so what route is everyone taking to the rocks if the main road is closed? or can u wheel around the blockage.

What main road are you talking about? If you're talking about the manastash, the road is legally :; closed but can be driven around which would be illegal:;. I am not condoning illegal behavior.:; Legally, the quickest way will be up 1701 from the naches.

i think its milk creek? its the first dirt road on the left when u leave little naches rd headed to whislin jacks. its the only way ive gone before.
if thats closed then do you wheel across manastash ridge to ge there.

I think the only road open is 1701 which is East of Whislin Jacks. I think its the next one east from the rock creek turnoff?

Yep, 1701 or you can take the trails over from the 1900 like we did (alot more fun). I personaly would rather wheel to the rocks then just drive a boring road up the ridge.

I was told that theres a $175 fine if your cought on a closed road.

Bill, you guys should have fun, 1701 is a nice smooth road to drive up too. Take some pics cause I cant go. I think we will be able to make it back over there maybe the weekend after.

Yeah Nick, too bad you cant make it up with us. We plan on having a good time as always and will take a lot of pics. :awesomework:

so what route is everyone taking to the rocks if the main road is closed? or can u wheel around the blockage.

We're going to be taking 1701 as it will lead us to our normal camping spot. Its the first FS road on the left after Rock Creek from 410. From there its just a short ride to the rocks anyways.

How is the climb up 1701 compared to Rock Creek Rd??? I've looked at the google map and it looks like the first mile or so is tight switch backs. Gonna be towing up and never been up that part of the road.

Thanks for any info!!

I just did it and it is a little steep for the first part but its not bad... I have an F350 and haul a 28' encosed (about 10k lbs loaded) and I just took my time for the first mile or 2. Its actually a better (less bumpy) road then Rock Creek.

1701 is the first FS road on your right coming from Yakima after you get back on 410 from the wash out detour. The people that have the cat cutout thing on there mailbox are just before 1701. You cant miss it. Road sign says "Bald Mountain Rd".

Nevermnd

CHINOOK PASS SR410
Elevation: 5430 ft / 1655 m
Temperature: N/A
Conditions:
Chinook Pass is open to traffic. Seasonal weather reports have ended. Should adverse weather or incidents occur that will impact traffic, updates will be provided as information is available.
Weather:
Not Available

Climb

How is the climb up 1701 compared to Rock Creek Rd??? I've looked at the google map and it looks like the first mile or so is tight switch backs. Gonna be towing up and never been up that part of the road.

Thanks for any info!!

Was up and down it a couple times this weekend. Logging trucks were coming down it Thursday, wouldn't want to meet one on that grade. Lots of camps on top with big horse trailers so making it up is no big deal.

So anyone else planning on heading up this weekend? Trying to get a few more in our group.

Our plans are to leave Arlington at noon on Friday. Get to our normal campsite near Bald Mountain by 6pm and set up camp. Possibly do some night wheeling, wheel all day and night Saturday and head home Sunday morning.

Let me know if you want to join us....

Thanks, Bill