• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches run

skinny_pedal

Jacob and I did a little run today over on Naches. Ran it over to Lily Pond. It did not suck. I also found that having delay wipers in your wheeler kicks ass:D And Jacob is slow:fawkdancesmiley:Only couple pics, to busy wheeling:cool:

100_0041.jpg

100_0040.jpg

100_0039.jpg

100_0037.jpg

100_0036.jpg

100_0035.jpg

100_0034.jpg

100_0033.jpg

100_0032.jpg

100_0031-1.jpg

Had a great time. The hills were slick and like driving on grease (frank's buttgoop, not regular toyota grease). I have some pictures, but will post them later because as stated before I am slow :fawkdancesmiley:

My 'guide' (Skinny Pedal) detoured us into this little honey hole where I got to play see-saw with my Jeep and HiLift for about 30 mintues. Then after that I got to play swamp logger with a ****in hatchet to get a stump out of the way. Then after that didn't work I got to play skidder with my Jeep to pull up another stump. Then after that didn't work I got to HiLift one side of my Jeep up and drive off of the Jack. All of this was to basically fall down a bank into a mud pit. Yes, it took me almost an hour to just get INTO a mud hole :redneck:

100_0037.jpg

There was a nice drop off into the hole. There was no by-pass. My shovel kept getting hung up on a root and stump that was on the edge of the drop off. This is the beginning of the see-saw action

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

Swamp logging a stump out of the way with my Paul Bunyon hatchet

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

That still didn't work

IMG_3074.jpg

Stump skidding action

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

Still can't get into the hole...must be because there is no hair around it...

IMG_3075.jpg

Finally made it up to .gov meadows.

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

Somebody won big at the fair. Saw this on the 512 on the way home.

IMG_3090.jpg

My son sucks at taking pictures because this is all he got.

Last edited:
So you modified the trail so you could get your Jeep through it :rolleyes:
Invest in a winch

Please don't hack up and tear stuff out of the trail like that. :booo: Please turn around if you find the trail too difficult.

Btw, looks like a fun time! :awesomework: That trail is always fun! Where did you guys enter and exit the trail at? Did you just do the wagon trail?

Last edited:
Looks like you guys had a blast..

But I don't care for the drama and we can leave it at-----please please do not modify a trail to fit your rig. I know we have all made that mistake at one time or another.

Only time I have done it where it was needed was to recover a vehicle (many many of us have had to do that)..

So there is no more need to discuss this anymore and please post more pics :awesomework:

This was not part of the Naches Wagon trail. It was another trail we took during the day.

If I had a winch on front of my Jeep and drug it forward it would have removed the stump anyways because it was hung up on my stock skid plate underneath.

As far as removing anything from the trail, I see this as no worse than removing a fallen tree from across the trail so you can drive through. It was two dead stumps.

That is all the explanation you are going to get from me. You guys can go preach to someone else.

We did have fun, I would like to get back up to the area and do some camping before the weather turns too cold.

My son had fun and it was great to tell him the history of the trail while we were traveling on it.

Thanks Gavin for taking me over today.

There are all sorts of fun little spur trails out there... Some times when its 4ft deep of snow we gotta take them

I definately want to get up there for some snow wheeling before it closes. We were talking about a trip during the closing week today.

Wish I was home, Gavin or Jacob hit me up next time you go. I want to run up there with you guys before it closes.

My 'guide' (Skinny Pedal) detoured us into this little honey hole where I got to play see-saw with my Jeep and HiLift for about 30 mintues. Then after that I got to play swamp logger with a ****in hatchet to get a stump out of the way. Then after that didn't work I got to play skidder with my Jeep to pull up another stump. Then after that didn't work I got to HiLift one side of my Jeep up and drive off of the Jack. All of this was to basically fall down a bank into a mud pit. Yes, it took me almost an hour to just get INTO a mud hole :redneck:
]

I don't know what the big deal was. I dropped right in:fawkdancesmiley:

Cool pics. :awesomework: I've been wanting to make it over there, but now that I've seen the pics, I'm glad I haven't headed into it in the daily driver. :redneck:

That trail was built by wagons for wagons... Damn Jeep and Sami guys muscle truckin' their way through...:fawkdancesmiley:

Looks like a good time...:cool:

My first time on that trail was back in the '70s...

I've even been through it in a VW Baja...:redneck: And still didn't have to cut anything out of the way...:fawkdancesmiley:

Hey Stealth, are you guys running it with the Dale's Run group??? Me and a bunch of friends are doing an Adults Only Run that weekend... We are towing over to Little Naches and heading up to Tri-Pod Flats to camp over night, then the Rocks the next morning...

The Dale's group start off in Greenwater and camp at the same spot as us...

Hands down, this was one of my favorite wheeling trips... Nothing like camping on the trail...:awesomework:

Last edited:
My uncle was a historian for the cascades (had lots of cool stories about stuff). I remember way back when before I could even drive. He talked about the wagon trail and how the now trail did not 100% follow the origional trail. He had talked about finding wagon wheel tracks in certain spots. Not sure how correct that was but that was probably 35 years ago.