• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches trail run Oct. 21?

heep70

Unsociable A--hole
Thinking about running the Naches trail over and back (west to east & east to west). Nothing challenging just a take it easy and soak up the scenery run. Kinda want to start a little early so I can get back at a decent time. All are welcome as long as your rig is dependable. Aggressive tires and recovery gear are the minimum, rear locker would be nice.

Meet at the parking area at the begining of the 70RD off of hwy 410 at 8:AM. :corn:

Not sure if there is or will be snow. It is mostly down hill on the way over and of couse all up hill on the way back.

Last edited:
BEST has a run scheduled for (11/10) over the Naches, should be a little more snow hopefully

you running from the lower section or the main start? we ran it last sunday from the lower section with the atv's. it wasn't bad, not too wet, not too dry. if only i had a 4wheeldrive put together i'd go.

you running from the lower section or the main start? we ran it last sunday from the lower section with the atv's. it wasn't bad, not too wet, not too dry. if only i had a 4wheeldrive put together i'd go.

Depends on who shows. More then likely we will start on the upper main start area before the cabin.

where is naches trail located ?

Hwy 167 to the Hwy 410 exit. Take Hwy 410 east to Greenwater. Continue past Greenwater for about a mile. Turn left onto forest service road 70 (FS-70). At approximately 9 miles from hwy 410 on FS70 the road makes a very hard hairpin turn to the right. You will notice a smaller and less used road straight ahead. This is the road up to the beginning of the Naches Trail. Continue straight ahead on this road and bear right where it splits, it should wind around and start to climb up hill. At several places you will cross over large piles of shale rock before reaching the top of the ridgeline and the start of the trail #1175.

You up north? It is a ways away from you. You are welcoem to show. Looks like snow wheelin. :corn:

Some friends and I just ran the Naches wagon trail late Friday night (got done around 2 AM) There is a decent amount of snow(3-4") on the trail and it is snowing now. we camped across from milk pond and pushed our way to Funny/Moon rocks (6"or so of snow)this morning and ran around for a while . I just got home about 20 min ago. It was a blast and we made fresh tracks on everything we ran this weekend.

Have fun and dress warm

I was up at the Funny Rocks earlier today and there was minimal snow. Lots of cold fun.

funny-rocks-102007.jpg

Some friends and I just ran the Naches wagon trail late Friday night (got done around 2 AM) There is a decent amount of snow(3-4") on the trail and it is snowing now. we camped across from milk pond and pushed our way to Funny/Moon rocks (6"or so of snow)this morning and ran around for a while . I just got home about 20 min ago. It was a blast and we made fresh tracks on everything we ran this weekend.

Have fun and dress warm

Jon,
Sorry to miss you, we went up the Kaner (by-passed the hills), caught the upper Kaner and ran up Manastash, String, Tipover, went to the Rocks (1:30PM), back up Tipover, Shoestring, Manastash and slid down the Kaner hills

There were several rigs at the bottom of the 1st climb on Kaner and they had the 1st hill just snotted up, so we took the roads up above. We also ran virgin snow on all the trails. We saw that there were several tracks at the rocks, but it looked as though no one had played on them. Ran into 4wheelingplus from this & other boards also...:awesomework: He put the 1st tracks on the rocks that I could see

Great day wheeling, about 5-6" of snow on the trails, ran into a white out across Pyramid Pass, about the only scary part of the trip

Jon,
Sorry to miss you, we went up the Kaner (by-passed the hills), caught the upper Kaner and ran up Manastash, String, Tipover, went to the Rocks (1:30PM), back up Tipover, Shoestring, Manastash and slid down the Kaner hills

There were several rigs at the bottom of the 1st climb on Kaner and they had the 1st hill just snotted up, so we took the roads up above. We also ran virgin snow on all the trails. We saw that there were several tracks at the rocks, but it looked as though no one had played on them. Ran into 4wheelingplus from this & other boards also...:awesomework: He put the 1st tracks on the rocks that I could see

Great day wheeling, about 5-6" of snow on the trails, ran into a white out across Pyramid Pass, about the only scary part of the trip

We must of just missed you we were playin on the back side of moon rocks but nothin to big though, there wasn't any tracks at either set when we got there.

Thanks for letting me know about the conditions. Can't wait :cheer:

The Naches looked well traveled today, the lower sections were pretty much without snow, but it was coming down good up higher. With the fog and snow it made for a challenge on the roads, couldn't see the sides...but it was definitely FUN out there :awesomework: