• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Name that Knuckle

OldGreen

Passenger side knuckle top view:
image047zz8.jpg

Front View:

image048ew2.jpg

Whole Axle (just for fun, most people don't see a passenger drop HP44 every day):

image049gi0.jpg

It has a chevy D44 type spindle pattern and the PO says it is from a waggy, but I've never seen a waggy like this. The driver's side looks the same except that both holes are the smaller size.

Help me out please?

not the camera angle, it is the fact that the whole axle is rotated and sitting on the yoke.

Little Red Zuk said:
How many bolts for the spindle mounting?

Chevy.. .6 bolt round. In fact, the other one has chevy spindles, caliper mounts, calipers, etc. bolted on it.

Nice try, but nope. . .scout knuckles have 8 bolt spindles and a dog leg between the first and second holes. . .
this is Scout:

scoutparts%20041_t.jpg
pokey said:
Its a scout knuckle

Last edited:
It has a chevy D44 type spindle pattern and the PO says it is from a waggy, but I've never seen a waggy like this. The driver's side looks the same except that both holes are the smaller size.

Help me out please?[/QUOTE]

image048ew2.jpg

this is not a factory weld. imo the axle has been modified.

LMAO. . .yes, the axle has been modified. . .it is a HP44 center section w/chromoly tubes, Warn shafts, 5.38 gears and an air locker. . .all done up passenger drop like a proper Jeep. The knuckles are the only thing in question. Everything is "normal" on them except the 2 holes in the steering arm on both sides.

That is most definately NOT a factory weld. It is a professional weld though. . yes?

ordering all my parts tomorrow. . .should assemble this weekend less steering and that will be done next week some time.

OldGreen said:
Nice try, but nope. . .scout knuckles have 8 bolt spindles and a dog leg between the first and second holes. . .

Nope, try again.

'71-'74 Scout II's had D30 open knuckle, drum brake front axles (standard), and they used the exact same Scout knuckle as you pictured, but the standard 6-stud mounting like Ford, GM, Jeep whatever.

So it is possible to have a 6-stud scout knuckle. However you are correct that they have a dog-leg... and the original knuckle you posted *looks* simular to a Scout, with the long length and such, but isn't.

Can't tell completley from the picture.. but it almost looks modified/welded.... i.e. not stock.
________
DOUBLE EAGLE SHOTGUN FPS 380 HOLDERS

Last edited:
They are an oddball mid-70's Dana 30 knuckle. Holes are factory but the outter driver was reamed for big TRE's loaded from the top.

They are getting drilled to 3/4" for Heims.