• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need 37" and 38" bogger measurements please

lojones

37x13x15
37x13x17
38.5x11x15
38.5x11x17

could use the actual measurement if someone has these tires on their rig. diameter and tread width.

my 35" boggers arent close to what interco chart says so want to check. They measure about 33" at 20lbs, 12" on the tread and 15" on the bulge.

Last edited:
Thanks for the 38 measurement. Seems bogger sizes are pretty inflated or they measure them new off the rim with the center tread bulging up, a lot.

looks like I may have to check out the 38.5x11 to get closer to a real 37, i wanted to go skinnier anyway to help fit through the trees at rimrock.

KAT, not sure if i should be offended that you think me so unknowledgeable, but I do appreciate you trying to help out :)

lojones

It's not the question, but why the boggers. I'm a YJ, 401, TH400, Atlas 4.3 also (4.56 axles) and I really like the 37 Krawlers for Rimrock (and pretty much everywhere). The Boggers don't have enough side hill bites for RR in the spring when it's still slickery there. Yeah, you'ld need new bead locks, but the old ones will sell easy. And 37 Krawlers are 37.0

Tony

Valid question, ive just always ran them, they work very well for me, and they look cool ;). though like you pointed out i have ran in to some trouble on slickery sidehills before. Most our group run TSLs and i have just never liked them much, i wish the center tread section had more space between the lugs so they didnt donut with mud.

I looked at the Krawler pic (i havent seen one in person) and the tread from side to side seemed a bit close for mud and slop. They work well for you and the tread cleans out nice?

EDIT: ouch $400 each :(

Last edited:
Well I don't have the measurements off hand. But here is a picture I snapped last weekend. The tire in front is a 35x12.50x15 GoodYear MTR the tire in back is one of my 38.5x11x15 Boggers sitting at probably 15 PSI. The tread is worn pretty good on them maybe 1/4" or so in the middle.

TireGrooving005.jpg

Valid question, ive just always ran them, they work very well for me, and they look cool ;). though like you pointed out i have ran in to some trouble on slickery sidehills before. Most our group run TSLs and i have just never liked them much, i wish the center tread section had more space between the lugs so they didnt donut with mud.

I looked at the Krawler pic (i havent seen one in person) and the tread from side to side seemed a bit close for mud and slop. They work well for you and the tread cleans out nice?

They work exceptional

Last edited:
Boggers are made for high HP rigs that drag race in the mud, and thats it. They suck at everything else. Try a swamper SX you'll like them.
But if your more worried about looking cool go with the boggers.

Youre right they suck, i only run them because they look cool. Ive actually never been wheeling, i just like how the jeep looks in my garage.

Have you thought about a maxxis creepy crawler. These things grip pretty good and have realy deep lugs.

Thanks for the replies. I am mostly looking for a trail tire. I dont see rocks much except the occasionally run up to the funny rocks. Mud, loose dirt, snow, tree roots.

I am entertaining the idea of trying out a different tire, something in the 200-250 range. The Irok looks good. The maxxis crawler and bfg krawler look good but they are just too spendy.

I have ran boggers on my last 2 rigs, the last 8 years, and have loved them. They do everything i need them to do with the exception of snowy sidehills but i was thinking of grooving the lugs a bit to help with that. I just want a bit taller and narrower tire.