• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need a flexplate. Any recommendations??

kushKrawlin

I have to order a new one today. Need a flexplate for 400 sbc externally balanced. I have read for hours and hours only to see that a lot of the cheaper ones aren't perfectly true, some aren't flat, and some are out of round. Please tell me it's not necessary to spend 200 and something dollars on a dam flex plate. I was thinkin the TCI or b&m ones that are around 100 buks would be ok. Anyone have experience with this ****. I'm really wantin this to be the last time I take this dam trans off. Thanks for any advice. I will be ordering one in a lil wile so Lemme hear what YAll have experienced. :dblthumb:

kushKrawlin said:
I have to order a new one today. Need a flexplate for 400 sbc externally balanced. I have read for hours and hours only to see that a lot of the cheaper ones aren't perfectly true, some aren't flat, and some are out of round. Please tell me it's not necessary to spend 200 and something dollars on a dam flex plate. I was thinkin the TCI or b&m ones that are around 100 buks would be ok. Anyone have experience with this ****. I'm really wantin this to be the last time I take this dam trans off. Thanks for any advice. I will be ordering one in a lil wile so Lemme hear what YAll have experienced. :dblthumb:

As long as the tooth count is right & it is externally balanced (which sbc 400s are factory) you'll be fine. If the B&M or TCI is slightly thicker I'd go with that, if not it is a waste of money IMO

ibrokeit said:
I recommend you sell out and take up another sport.
After seeing the lavish lifestyle that you live, and how good it has worked for you I'm considering it. Although I can't because I waited so long for your wife to make you sell out, so I wouldn't be tempted to run over Ur cute rzr if/when I saw you on the trail. And on behalf of everyonebon hardline, thanks so much for all of the infinite wisdom U share in tech, we are just super glad that you chose to stay and troll every forum HL has to offer. None of us could have done it without you. So thanks again buddy.!

And for the record we actually are texting as this goes on. Hahaa fuk Nigar !!! :flipoff1:

Thanks Tyler. I posted before I talked to U or Adam this mornin. Really appreciate it. Unlike you Brock. Meany

Need a flexplate. Any recommendations??

I got me one of them balancing plates out of speedway for $15 so I wouldnt have to spend double on my flywheel for the 383 I don't know how the flex plate prices compare to each other but might be something to look into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wake up every morning, and there's usually some sort of mean text on my phone , from Brock of course. I made it a challenge to change him into a nice, caring, humble person ... I've also decided that it's gonna be harder than beating meth. 97.8% sure he's a lost cause. Probably because he was born with a heart the size of a English pea. But I have always had a tender heart for special people. Even the mean ones. Ooops, he calls this "rambling". I call it being stoned.. :flipoff1:

Re: Need a flexplate. Any recommendations??

417chevy said:
I got me one of them balancing plates out of speedway for $15 so I wouldnt have to spend double on my flywheel for the 383 I don't know how the flex plate prices compare to each other but might be something to look into

I want a 383 for some reason. Well I guess it's cause they are badass! But I must be reading post from guys making 1000 hp the way they talk about buying 300 dollar flexplates and ****. I also learned from them that the 400 block is weak and sucks according to a lot of racers, they say don't waste ur money building one. Then there's the ones that say it's awesome just build it... :dunno: All this Motor **** is So Dam confusing to me. Reason for all the reading was, I was considering building it a lil, like vortec heads and a few other things to bump compression up. In so Fukin confused.. My cam is not anywhere near the choice for propane so I need to change that. But ain't nothing happening till this flexplate and starter relationship gets better. FAWK wat a loud noise it makes most of the time starting it. Dam I guess It never ends.

kushKrawlin said:
I want a 383 for some reason. Well I guess it's cause they are badass! But I must be reading post from guys making 1000 hp the way they talk about buying 300 dollar flexplates and ****. I also learned from them that the 400 block is weak and sucks according to a lot of racers, they say don't waste ur money building one. Then there's the ones that say it's awesome just build it... :dunno: All this Motor **** is So Dam confusing to me. Reason for all the reading was, I was considering building it a lil, like vortec heads and a few other things to bump compression up. In so Fukin confused.. My cam is not anywhere near the choice for propane so I need to change that. But ain't nothing happening till this flexplate and starter relationship gets better. FAWK wat a loud noise it makes most of the time starting it. Dam I guess It never ends.

A 383 is a 350 with a 400 crank bored .030 over.

You need to call comp & have a cam ground for pane & get you a good set of 58cc heads or shave the **** out of what you have & rock on

Dude! You already got a 400 block, a built 406 will smear any 383 any day of the week! If you want to go fast, leave me your jeep and a blank check! It will never be at its full potential on propane. Will have to move up to efi, but why? Just to tear more **** up.

There is a reason they use 400 small block as a base for late model engines. Now granted they are all aluminum aftermarket blocks for the most part, but still the same platform.

rednecklights said:
If I happen to turn gay and build a Chevy it'd be powered by a 400 or a ls ...... The rest sucks donkey balls.

No telling how many times I heard "man I got a 383 stroker" at the drag strip they never impressed me , usually a screaming turd.

[/quote. turn gay? You mean if your ever want to go fast? :flipoff1:

rednecklights said:
If I happen to turn gay and build a Chevy it'd be powered by a 400 or a ls ...... The rest sucks donkey balls.

No telling how many times I heard "man I got a 383 stroker" at the drag strip they never impressed me , usually a screaming turd.
Most people with a sbc will tell you they are a 383 some are some aren't and just because it's a 383 don't mean it's built mean

zukimaster said:
Dude! You already got a 400 block, a built 406 will smear any 383 any day of the week! If you want to go fast, leave me your jeep and a blank check! It will never be at its full potential on propane. Will have to move up to efi, but why? Just to tear more **** up.
Man Chad it just ain't right. And I no NOTHIN about motors. Except what i reaserch. I just want it to run right. I think the cam is majority of problem. But then again I don't know ****.