• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need a guide for Liberty 12/27/10

PolarBear

I've never been to Liberty before and have no knowledge if it's even open/passable right now. Is anyone with area knowledge interested in showing me around Monday 12/27/10?

I'm running 33's, locked front and rear. No winch :booo: but plenty of other recovery gear.

Any info I should know about the area (closures, etc) is appreciated as well. :corn:

TIA

I highly recommend a winch, especially this time of year...some of the upper trails are closed...Let me find a link to some current closure statuses.

DANGIT! If only I could go! :booo: Maybe I can figure something out. You gotta be careful on some of those trails as going into them results in being in the bottom of a big hill and that's the only way out. Plus some are closed.:mad:

You might want to check befroe you go, but I believe most all the roads up there are closed to wheeled vehicles because of grooming for snowmobiles. May be able to run on the ranger station side though. Everything is covered in snow so I doubt you would be able to hit any trails, but if you could find an open road that gets you up top that would be just as fun.

I vote for this:awesomework:

There are some awesome views up top with the snow on the ground.

Yeah this is what I'll likely end up running on. Don't need any Donner party experiences out there in the cold.

Boonie, if you can pull a rabbit out of your hat that to make it happen that would be awesome. Id love to see the taco in action again.

If I can't get a bird dog to show me around liberty I'll just go back to tahuya and try to drown my LC again.

ever happen?
to my knowledge the lower trails are always open, however the roads you use to access them are closed with winter snowpack.
i go in spring and turn around when the snow gets deep and hills get steep.