• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need CB setup help

Kat

Kat Woman, Wheelin superhero!
Anybody in the general area of south Everett, I could use help setting up the antenia for Ruby`s CB, i have the radio and antenia installed with a SWR meter but at this point i am lost.

I can pay, need to get it done in the next 24+ hours before going to OSP.

Thanks a head of time for your help. :awesomework: :awesomework:
:beer: for the person who helps in person and NOT web.

4hr drive is a bit much but if this helps.

102" steel whip are non-adjustable and will probably work the best but are also dangerous for trail use and shouldn't be used.

Biggest thing is make sure the antenna is mounted to metal, needs a ground plain and plastic won't work. Better the ground plain easier to tune and better performance.

Next, there should be a set screw, can be top or bottom and sometimes under a cap, that can be loosened.

Move the adjustment piece, if at the bottom the whole antenna at the top just small portion, this should be moved 1/8" until at a time. SWRs should be below 1.5

Make sure all doors are closed when checking SWRs and away from any houses or other cars, don't do it in the garage.

Tune the antenna for what channel you will normally run.

Take it with you and ask Luke May to give you a hand tuning it. Hes into the radio stuff and will be at ocean shores with you. Just be sure to have the part since I think the closest radio shack is in aberdeen. bring beer

Take it with you and ask Luke May to give you a hand tuning it. Hes into the radio stuff and will be at ocean shores with you. Just be sure to have the part since I think the closest radio shack is in aberdeen. bring beer
already bringing a small amount of beer.