• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need help from the community

minesbigger

On march 22 this year a good friend and fellow wheeler had an accident. His name is Steve Collins and he is 23 years old. After a day of riding we were pulling back into the shop here at my house and he had a girl with him he wanted to impress i guess. Well before parking but after undoing hi belt he decided to go out in the field behid the shop and cut a doughnut. As he was doing it his front tire caught causeing a sever roll during whiIt is a ch the girl was ejected cutting her head but Steve was pinned by the windshield bar and frame across his neck with the whole jeep upside down on him. We pushed it off him and called 911 and the whole deal, After he was Med-flighted to Huntsville hospital were were told that he had severed his trach and broken C-2 vertebrae. The result of this is he is now on a vent and paralyzed from his shoulders down. He spent 3 months in atlanta at shepards hospital but is now home with little change. The only hop he may have is the fact that the spinal cord was not cut but just severly bruised and kinda squished.
Now for where yall can help. His expenses are to say the least through the roof and insurance has cut him off. He and his parents after a long had process have decided to sell his jeep. they are wanting to get as much as they can for it to try to put toward stem cell treatments as doctors have said he looks like a good canidate for it due to the fact that his cord is still intact just damaged. We need yalls help to find a buyer or group of buyers
It is a 89 Wrangler
2000 6.0 chevy engine, TF-999, super 300 t case, rockwells. 44 boggers. 4 linked front and rear. warn stand up winch in front. 12k mile marker in rear, full exo-cage, factory cage removed it go all exo(his choice) the cage is slightly tweaked from wreck and we have thought about redoing it all just to give it a differnt look to try to make it eaiser on all of us to get rid of it. but give us input on that idea.
it is a well built rig and looks pretty good too. Very capible and engine was only ridden like twice before all this
but they would like to get around 20k for it if not more
i know that is a lot for a rig but it is for a good cause Steve is like a brother to me and made friends everywhere he went he maintains a great attitude and sense of humor but need our help. please shoot me ideas how we can meet this goal for Steve
if you arent interested in rig but would like to help in another way or donation shoot me a message and ill get it done

Thanks,
Jason Payne and all his off roading friends and family
will try to get pics up soon
please remember always buckle up

I hate to read that, please post pics and seriously if you want to hold a work day or something specific that we can help with post up and let us know. thumb.gif

Shoot there are tons of was to fund raise... cruise in somewere for donation's , show and shine style at a very visible to the public location so not only the off road community would know about it but others passing by wanting to check rigs out would also...

Do a benefit ride at a park or location you can get arranged ....

Be creative make it enjoyable and let everyone know its to help out one of our own ! :afro: