• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need help IDing a Dana30 carrier break

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
I have a Dana 30 carrier, but can't remember if it's for the 4.10 and numerically higher or the numerically lower gears.

I wrote "4.10 and down" on it, but i can't remember if it was numerically lower or lower geared....as in 4.56s....:mad:

Is there any way to measure it and know?:eeek:

Ya, but are there any markings or measurements i can take to ID it? thats my issue, it hasnt had any gears on it for prob 5 years, so i dont honestly remember. :mad: I'll dig it out and look and see if i can find a number on it or something... :eeek:

If you had a 4:11 on that carrier, a 4:56 will fit.

carrier break
3:08 to 3:54
3:73 to 4:88

If you had a 4:11 on that carrier, a 4:56 will fit.

carrier break
3:08 to 3:54
3:73 to 4:88

that's what im thinking since i wrote 4.10s on it, but i want to make certain, a guy wants it but i dont wanna give him something that's not correct. :booo:

ya, better make damn sure then. I know the difference is the thickness of the carrier where the ring gear bolts on if I remember right.

3.73 and numerically higher has a 1.94" deck height, 3.54 and down is 1.810" deck height.

Place the carrier so where the ring gear would be is facing up, and measure to the table top.:redneck:

3.73 and numerically higher has a 1.94" deck height, 3.54 and down is 1.810" deck height.

Place the carrier so where the ring gear would be is facing up, and measure to the table top.:redneck:

ah, that's what i was lookin for! Thanks man! now i gotta see if i have something acurate enough to measure that lol :haha:

Ok, using LRZ's numbers it's def a 3.73 and higher carrier. :awesomework: thank goodness for geeky drafting scales. :D It's def. 1.95 and not 1.8.

Thanks LRZ! :kissmybutt: