• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need help in Nashville

pholmann

I have a friend who has a coil pack down in her car in Nashville at a Firestone and they are wanting to charge an outrageous amount to change a number four coil pack on a Lexus ES 300. Is anybody available for a little side mechanic work to keep me from having to go take a trailer to Nashville. I would be more than happy to pay for your time and labor. Call or text me or reply to this if so. Thank you. 8655821283

How hard is that to do? I haven't done a coil pack before, but Firestone is right down the road from me. Can help however needed at 6ish tonight, but that's the earliest I can be over there.

We've got it worked out where they are only gonna rape her and not gang rape her. Geez they are a ****ing rip off. Those places prey on women and out of towners. I'd love to see them get fined for gouging. Almost 400$ for a 70$ part and 30 minutes labor. ????

Re: Need help in Nashville

It's not just women it's everybody, my son has a stock Cherokee, drivers side front caliper was hanging up and he was starting to get death wobble, I told him to take it and get front end inspected , took it to tuffy and they said ball joints on one side and a tie rod end was bad and to replace caliper and brakes and the was gonna flush brake system for some reason and a bad axle ujoint, total bill was over 1900 bucks, I replaced caliper and pads myself and death wobble was from broke away bar link that they never even seen, so 50 bucks later he's good too go. Fawk them rip off bastards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped at a NTB in Nashville looking for a set of windshield wipers for my wife's 08 tahoe. Dude behind the counter was a huge dork and looked out the window in the rain and just said "yep you have premium wipers on there now" and punched on his computer for seemed like 5 minutes. Then said it would be $80 plus labor. I just laughed and walked out. **** those places!

My nephew has a new dodge with cummins in it . He called me the other day and said his truck won't start I say do the headlights work he said yes bright. I say check voltage at batteries he said they were 12.something I say it's a starter or solinoid. He says it's under warranty. Anyhow he has it rollbacked to the dealer. They call him a few days later and said it's the starter and the bill was 1400.00 but insurance is gonna cover it this time. I told him to call the parts house and see what a starter was going for. They say it's like 250.00 so why the hell are they charging 1400.00 for a 250 part and a little labor? I hate dodges by the way :ban:

pholmann said:
I have a friend who has a coil pack down in her car in Nashville at a Firestone and they are wanting to charge an outrageous amount to change a number four coil pack on a Lexus ES 300. Is anybody available for a little side mechanic work to keep me from having to go take a trailer to Nashville. I would be more than happy to pay for your time and labor. Call or text me or reply to this if so. Thank you. 8655821283

Wish I had seen this earlier. #4 should be front center coil pack. Takes like 5 mins to do. I just did the same one on my sisters 97 es300.

Went to get the front end aligned on our crew cab dully (now I am disabled now. have a ****ing cyst in the back of my head that is attached to my brain stem). Which means I have to walk with a cane and really can't work under the truck. So I had a neighbor (who is a good mech and runs his own shop) check it out. He said every thing is tight and looks good.
Take it in and they take the truck out back and put it on their rack. They quoted me $110.00 over the phone. They come back saying I had 2 bad tires, a bad tie rod and it would be $330.00. I don't let the fix the truck. I bring it home and talk to my neighbor again. He comes over and checks it out again. Seeings nothing wrong and is pissed off at shops that try and rip people off. Then proceeds to tell me some horrier stories of people bringing
their cars to him after they get these outrages quotes from the so called places that advertise on TV that they are the go to place to bring you car to be fixed.
So I call a couple of dealers.(I know it was the last place I want to call. but when you have a crewcab dually with a 8' bed you are limited) One was $55.00 (but had to schedule it because it would be hard to it on their rack. They hand to have all the other bays empty) and the other was $45.00 (with no problem getting it on their rack). Take to the second dealer and $45.00 the front end is aligned. No problems with the tires or tie rods. Truck drive straight and true now.
Some places just try and ripe anyone off they can.