• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need help with 22re swap

almost not done

k i have a 84 extended cab yota 22r carb and im getting a complete 93 22re with harness and ecu dont care about having lights as its pretty much a trailer rig now so after i run the wires in cab wich wires do i need to use for power or what do i need to do.:mad::cool:

Wireing on line

The red wires are positive and the black are ground.....:haha::haha:

I"ve only done one and it wasent recently, but I do know your going to need more then whats listed. The proper fuel pump setup is one of them. And if you never done a swap out like that I would be soliciting some in person help from some one on here that does it regularly.:awesomework:

Frankie, there is a really good article on Pirate....I will try to find it later when I get home.

Also, give me a call when you get a chance....

Thanks, Bill

If I remember corectly having the dash harnes is required because the location of the ECU is on the pasenger side kicK panel but thoes are easy score in the bone yard. It's also not a bad Idea to get a steering colume out of a 22re model when you pick up the dash harnes to simplify the ignition and fuel pump wireing. Then you can just isolate the accesorys power to the lights and etc. Food for thought I know some one here could probly post a step by step instructions I just a mater of finding who has it. :awesomework:

i mite still have a wiring harness that will work for that engine it was built by off road solutions its basically a bare bones type of thing itll make the engine run and its got the fuel pump wiring but no lights or that extra stuff, id like to sell it so pm me if your interested

i mite still have a wiring harness that will work for that engine it was built by off road solutions its basically a bare bones type of thing itll make the engine run and its got the fuel pump wiring but no lights or that extra stuff, id like to sell it so pm me if your interested

If the price is right, I will buy it for Frankie (almost not done). PM me what you want for it.

Thanks, Bill

k i have a 84 extended cab yota 22r carb and im getting a complete 93 22re with harness and ecu dont care about having lights as its pretty much a trailer rig now so after i run the wires in cab wich wires do i need to use for power or what do i need to do.:mad::cool:

I told you how :eeek:

You also need the harness all the way back to the passenger side tail light as this where the ground wire for the fuel pump is at look for 2 round ring terms one is for lights other for pump