• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need help with Direct TV

yotaboyz

There are a bunch of morons that work there in tech department 30 min on the phone. Should have talked to a tree. Hoping someone one here installs them and I can talk to someone that knows what's going on. Here is the scoop:
Got a slim line dish set up by the techs.
Moved in to this joint and brought my own reciever and I cannot seem to get the reciever to find the dish.
All cables are connected and dish is pointed according to dish standards.
I have went into satalite setup and tried just about every dish type with no success.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Is it an hd receiver your hooking to a non hd dish or the other way around maybe?

That's a good point I will need to check on being hd or not. Also the direct tv is free, due to my circumstances!! Hard to get rid of that.

If u have hd, you will need them to come out and find the signal. U cant find with remote like u can with the standard def. They will have to use their meter to line it up, i they have to lock onto 4 satellites for hd.

Lining it up could be the case. It has me puzzled that my friend who just moved out had his working fine. Then when I move in nothing?????

Re: Re: Need help with Direct TV

I use to work for directv and dish. A non hd receiver will hook up to a hd dish just fine. It will hook up the other way around just fine also. Only difference is you will not have hd.

As for lining up the dish. To start it needs to be aimed south east at 110*. If its aimed roughly in that direction you should get something. Otherwise triple check connections.

HAH,,,, just do like I did bout 4 years ago,,, I got some sales dipshit on the phone to discuss my monthly bill goin from $47.00 a month to $80.00 for no reason,

I ended up cussin him out so bad direct tv ejected me from their sevice FOREVER,,,

If humans ever populate another planet and they have direct tv on it , my ancestors WILL NOT BE ALLOWED to hook UP TO IT :eek:

now I got the "digital rabbit ear" setup and get all my local stations FOR FREE :woot:

zukiscott said:
HAH,,,, just do like I did bout 4 years ago,,, I got some sales dipshit on the phone to discuss my monthly bill goin from $47.00 a month to $80.00 for no reason,

I ended up cussin him out so bad direct tv ejected me from their sevice FOREVER,,,

If humans ever populate another planet and they have direct tv on it , my ancestors WILL NOT BE ALLOWED to hook UP TO IT :eek:

now I got the "digital rabbit ear" setup and get all my local stations FOR FREE :woot:

Mine is $83 a month right now...the package was supposed to only be like $65 a month...just keeps creeping higher and higher. Between satellite and cell phone companies, them's the biggest crooks in the game lol