• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need help with keeping a drive shaft (pics added)

Re: Re: need help with keeping a drive shaft

ride height
se9uty3a.jpg
guzuqyme.jpg
flexed out
a5esu9es.jpg
3yrypebe.jpg

is that to much angle ?it looks ok to me just wanted to get other opinions.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

its my understanding you should have both flanges parrelell to each other, if tcase is like "l" then axle should be like "l" and if tcase is like "/" then axle should be like "/"...?

Re: Re: need help with keeping a drive shaft (pics added)

Well the only one I break is the one at the t case

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Those 1310 double caraden shafts are great for angles on the street but they bind under large amounts of travel. I don't remember the specs but a single will allow for more travel. Go Toyota drive shafts and forget about it. Just my .02

wannabe said:
its my understanding you should have both flanges parrelell to each other, if tcase is like "l" then axle should be like "l" and if tcase is like "/" then axle should be like "/"...?

Thats if you have single u-joints on each end, with a cv you want the pinion pointed straight at the output yoke. Just jack it up and max out the droop and look and feel as you turn it by hand to see if it binds

tc1 said:
Those 1310 double caraden shafts are great for angles on the street but they bind under large amounts of travel. I don't remember the specs but a single will allow for more travel. Go Toyota drive shafts and forget about it. Just my .02
This guy is correct i had the same problem but its fixed now.

tc1 said:
Im running a similar drivetrain with 42's and yota axles and havent broke one yet. I would swap out the yokes on the tcase and go yota shafts. They have the same strength as a 1350 because they are so narrow.

Re: Re: Re: need help with keeping a drive shaft (pics added)

RobbyBobby said:
Actually the narrower the u- joint is the weaker it is

Yep.

Yotas are just known as "strong" compared to a 1310 because of the way they are captured in the fixed yokes with internal snap rings.