• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need ideas. Making my 18' trailer wider.

AW10

Purchased an 800 gayzer. With my buggy on the trailer, I can't fit it on without turning it sideways. If "fits" but I can't get the ramps out from under the tires. Have been looking for a 24' trailer but can't seem to find one and new is way more money than I'm looking to spend. I was wondering if anyone else has ever made some wings or something to go on the front to make the trailer 102 inches or somewhere in that range to be able to pull something besides a 4 wheeler on sideways. I don't see it being that hard but figured id ask for some ideas/pictures in case anyone has a genius idea that I wouldn't think of. I was just going to make some plates that slide into the side pockets and let her eat but any other ideas would be appreciated. Not looking to make the entire trailer 102, just the very front. Or if anyone knows where a decent 24'ish is for sale....

I think youre on the right path. Shouldn't be that hard. Just build it out with some channel or tube maybe even. Is your trailer wood deck? I might add a support or two on each side if possible to support the weight when loading/unloading.

Don't tell nobody but that thing is 114 inches front to back. 800s and that trailer is 20 foot long and just a shade under 7 foot wide. Been all over the country.
08d0b44d32f0a9f72c01a6d7cd829a01.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Trip Pullen and butter bean used to put 900xps sideways on a 7 foot wide trailer. They built 2 hoops for the front tire to go in and welded thwm to the trailer. Then you just pull up till the tires stop and strap it down.

The hoops were just a little wider than the tires and just a **** hair shorter so it would hold the front end steady.

BUG-E J said:
The hoops were just a little wider than the tires and just a **** hair shorter so it would hold the front end steady.

I had a tiny 4wheeler trailer built like that to haul my big bear on 27" vampires "back in the day"

Didn't even strap it down most of the time, just let the front tires drop in the hoops and leave it in 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
I had a tiny 4wheeler trailer built like that to haul my big bear on 27" vampires "back in the day"

Didn't even strap it down most of the time, just let the front tires drop in the hoops and leave it in 1st

Sounds like how i haul my foreman. Pull to the front of the trailer. Put that bitch in reverse and wish it luck and haul ass

I like the idea of hoops for the tires, mounted on the right side of the trailer. IF you are over 102" you can cheat it to the right side. Staying in the right lane would also hide the extra couple inches if a State Trooper was to notice you.

You COULD go a different route.... put a cleat on the side of the trailer 2" lower than the deck for the ramps.... then they wouldn't be stuck under the tires

3e2c718486bc1bc89059a82982819e12.jpg

I welded some channel iron to the stake pockets on mine. Made it more comfortable hauling the rzr
Also made it so I could hook the raps on the side when loading
8bf11a2bb038169ac37fe6a7c55bc7ee.jpg

9364f831f7352fad56cc9778f66366aa.jpg

Yeah Nick I tried to search for some threads but idk if I was just typing in the wrong thing or when I thought I found something photobucket had all the pics taken down...

Gotagofast, I think I might just do exactly that, something very similar to leeadman94s setup except without the tubing. Just throw those 2 angle iron ramp holders up on the bottom of the frame and let her ride. Appreciate the pics guys.

We added 10" to each side to my trailer. 8" of channel the next 2 inches was rub rail and stake pockets. Added drive over fenders. Only have a couple hundred bucks in widening it.
5e078ea84f0d4c0bb5585c851bf20cb7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BUG-E J said:
Trip Pullen and butter bean used to put 900xps sideways on a 7 foot wide trailer. They built 2 hoops for the front tire to go in and welded thwm to the trailer. Then you just pull up till the tires stop and strap it down.

Run straps on all 4 tires and it wont go anywhere.

Latest posts