• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need links tapp'ed, will bribe well/pay

Stokes

two questions:

ideally what i would like to do is tapp the threads into my links to keep things simple, anyone interested in some side work? both RH and LH of 1" 1.25" and .875". or could anyone point me in the direction of who to go around snohomish county?

And, who would be the right people to talk to for ordering tube? im thinking 1.75 .375" wall 4340 for my lower links and 1.5 .25 wall 1026 for my uppers but honestly have never had to sorce this stuff down. thanks in advance!

Oh and BTW, i have a awesome pizza connection if that helps wager anything :D

Bunk. Granted he's feeling a little old right now :redneck:

Poor guy got off a plane, up for many hours and still managed to come up to my shop to drop stuff off....:redneck:

The only way i can help is by selling off excess material. I have some 1 3/4 3/8ths wall 4130 but not a whole lot.

Im done doing sidework until mayish of next year.

The only way i can help is by selling off excess material. I have some 1 3/4 3/8ths wall 4130 but not a whole lot.

Im done doing sidework until mayish of next year.

you sounded pretty well backed up with stuff to do so thats why i didnt bother ya :) i know ya have alot on your plate.
i could use that bit of 1.75 4130, where could i go to order the rest needed?
looks like i need around 13ft.

thanks for the reply jaws, ill send ya a message

Last edited:
you sounded pretty well backed up with stuff to do so thats why i didnt bother ya :) i know ya have alot on your plate.
i could use that bit of 1.75 4130, where could i go to order the rest needed?
looks like i need around 13ft.

thanks for the reply jaws, ill send ya a message

Im about to head out to the garage, I'll see if i got 13 feet. It'll be close. Then all ya gotta do is bore it out to 1.172 i believe and tap it. I'll pm ya later.

Im about to head out to the garage, I'll see if i got 13 feet. It'll be close. Then all ya gotta do is bore it out to 1.172 i believe and tap it. I'll pm ya later.
oh ok good to know on the bore, i didnt notice this reply when i responded on the PM, where could i sorce more tube for my uppers/rest of lowers? i havnt looked too hard but thicker chromoly seems harder to come by.

oh ok good to know on the bore, i didnt notice this reply when i responded on the PM, where could i sorce more tube for my uppers/rest of lowers? i havnt looked too hard but thicker chromoly seems harder to come by.

I have some 1.5" .250 wall DOM for uppers, to go with the 1.75" .375 wall bunk is selling you.

How many feet you need? And in what lengths?

to dig this thread back up i just noticed your reply Marc that would be perfect! my upper links are around 30-32" so somewhere around 3 chunks worth of that give or take? wouldn happen to have any extra 1.75" layin around too would ya?

Sorry i have been dragin my feet on this bunk, whats holdin me up is gettin someone to tapp em, granted i forgot to call bent metal like pook suggested im gonna need more than ya have and im havin a hard time askin around to order more lol who do you order from? maybe i could try givin them a call?

Dean at Bent Metal Customs has a lathe and all the taps for making steering rods and links. He sells tubing and ends too. :awesomework:

Dean at Bent Metal Customs has a lathe and all the taps for making steering rods and links. He sells tubing and ends too. :awesomework:

I did give him a call and i wont lie he sounds like a awesome guy to deal with! the kicker is its quite a drive for me plus i ended up farming out my lower links to Heritic fab so i have half as many ends i need to thread. Taylor at Hertic gave me a killer price, pretty much for what i would pay to get my hands on the material and machine it or weld a end in em he is able to have them tempered and shipped to my door :D as for the rest of the ends i might end up buyin my own set of 7/8's taps and we just wrote a prg on the CNC mill at work for the 1" threads :cool: