• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need my Getrag rebuilt

Horus

So I am about to yard the Getrag out of my 91 Cummins. I am looking for someone ( shop or other) who can rebuild it for me. The Getrag 360 is picky about how it is set up so ideally I'd like to find someone with experience with this particular transmission.

Thanks.

its really easy to do , i did mine. only thing you have to watch is pre load on the counter shaft

the bearing kit was $130 bucks and took about a day to re build and re and re

So I am about to yard the Getrag out of my 91 Cummins. I am looking for someone ( shop or other) who can rebuild it for me. The Getrag 360 is picky about how it is set up so ideally I'd like to find someone with experience with this particular transmission.

Thanks.

Why rebuild a garbage tranny that's just going to go out on you again? Snatch up a 4500 and slap it in there. It's super easy

Hurry up and get it pulled Mike, we gots wheeling to do coming up! :flipoff:

I know I know. Still bringing myself up to the task of removing that bitch from on my back in the driveway. I'm an old person now. No more holding the whole Getrag/205 combo up with one hand as the other spins out the last bellhousing bolts so I can gently set the assembly down on the floor next to me in one smooth motion.

I'll give this Dirty Dan guy a call about rebuilding the thing. To be honest I am taking the idea of rebuilding it myself very seriously.

Mike. Here's what you do. Your trailer is 10k, right?

Bring truck to shop, yard transmission on 4 post. We shove it outside and winch it onto your trailer, park it back up at house while trans. is out. Then we haul it back down and winch it up onto 4 post and reinstall trans.