• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New .22 pistol.

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
I picked this up last week and finally got a chance to get out and shoot it today. I sold my Sig Mosquito and was looking for a replacement handgun in .22 cal to replace it. After shooting a few I decided on this guy and as of 400 rounds today I am thoroughly impressed.

Mine came with a "10 round" magazine but i quickly figured out how to remove the plug and turn it into a 12 round mag.
DSC01553_zps5f41ed22.jpg

These guns are made in Germany by Walther for S&W.
DSC01558_zps219b311f.jpg

The sights front and rear a fully drift adjustable the front for just windage, and the rear for windage and elevation. I had to adjust the rear sight quite a bit to the right get it on target.
DSC01559_zps034bb7bd.jpg

It has the same controls as my XDM and in the "same" places which makes it an easy trainer for much less than 9mm ammo.
DSC01560_zps9a1e7780.jpg

It has a fixed barrel similar to the SIG. I like the metal guide rod and the slide is made from aluminum instead of potmetal. All in all the fit and finish is far superior than that of the SIG Mosquito. It has an internal hammer instead of a striker such as in all the center fire M&P pistols. I preferred the SA trigger of the SIG (not the CRAP DA, just the SA), over this gun. I'm sure after a while the trigger in this gun will smooth up a bit.
DSC01561_zpsec14baed.jpg

Here it is compared to my EDC Fullsize 9MM XDm.
DSC01562_zpsaff1d746.jpg

DSC01563_zpsac0fb306.jpg

DSC01564_zpsbe23bf87.jpg

I took it out today and shot some CCI Mini mag, Federal Bulk, and Remington Golden Bullet through it. All total 400 rounds give or take 20. It didn't skip a beat. It was FILTHY when I was done shooting and it didn't hiccup once. NOT ONCE. The SIG I used to have choked on everything but CCI Mini Mag.

Last edited:
Took it out today and shot the dot torture drill with it. If you aren't farmiliar with it, search google it's an extremely fun pistol drill that works on all the fundamentals of defensive pistol shooting. I am thoroughly impressed. I need another magazine or two (the gun only ships with one). I am really happy with this one though.

Shot at 10 feet today.
DSC01567_zpseb4532e7.jpg

Shot at 15 feet today (my normal distance for this drill.) I usually score 100% with my EDC at 10 feet so my usual challenge myself distance is 15 feet. With some more practice with this gun, I can definately cut my time at 10 feet or start going for 100% at 15 feet.
DSC01566_zps6ef39153.jpg

And for comparison I shot at 15 feet with my XDm 9mm today. I was a bit slow in my normal time limit for this drill, but I think I was trying to prove to myself that I don't need to trade my XDm for an M&P 9 for EDC.
DSC01568_zpsf6ae21a0.jpg

Last edited:
What's the cost on that gun Karl?

I love to shot my revolver but after shooting my sisters semi-auto .22 I would like to add one to my small collection and kinda been looking.

I paid $400 and change for it.

It was $390+tax so you can do the math. If you are looking for a semi auto .22 that looks like a lot of the "tupperware" guns out there (Glock, M&P, SIG, XD). This is it.

Otherwise if you want a cheap .22 plinker the Browning buckmark, or Ruger Mark series might be in your camp.

I just dislike NOT having a "tactical .22". That is close to my EDC so I can practice for cheap.

Don't even glance at the SIG mosquito or Walther P22. This is where it's at for a tupperware .22. :awesomework:

The 22A1 is also awesome. I can't get behind Ruger and their UGLY guns. I own a Ruger P345. It's an ugly duckling but the trigger is just oh so sweet.

Give me tactical tupperware any day. Tactical tupperware in .22 cal? Bonus.

Haha, I had a P345 also, but had issues with the pin at the base of the hammer walking out and making the hammer sit funny to where it wouldn't fire.

Just did the dot torture. Thanks for that, very humbling to say the least. I am going to keep using it.

Practice, concentration and trigger control. Take your time. Once you get it down at the recommended distance either try to do it faster, or push it back 5 feet.

Hi All:

I have an old Ruger .22 auto pistol, from the 1950s. Inherited it from my Father who bought it used at a pawn shop in Seattle while stationed here in the Navy in 1952-53.

Dad installed target sights, but otherwise the pistol is stock as it left the factory. I believe the current model is called a Mark II ?

Personally, I have fired thousands of .22 rounds through this pistol without anything more than regular cleaning and lubing. Though not as cool looking as the current "tactical" pistols it is reliable and shoots fine.

Regards,

Alan