• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New battery what's the best

I just speed read this thread. I'm also about to buy a batt. What's crazy is I have 6+ years on a lead acid. Even cart wheeled once.

I'm now afraid that in a real "on my lid rollover" I'm gonna see acid dump all over my cargo area etc.

So I think I can understand the vents on top of the optima but could you really mount it upside down and not lose a liquid of any kind? I'm not dumb and see the vents at the highest point in your pic, it makes sense. I'm curious if anybody has had any kind of gassing issue mounting in any location other than vertical?

LightBnDr said:
I just speed read this thread. I'm also about to buy a batt. What's crazy is I have 6+ years on a lead acid. Even cart wheeled once.

I'm now afraid that in a real "on my lid rollover" I'm gonna see acid dump all over my cargo area etc.

So I think I can understand the vents on top of the optima but could you really mount it upside down and not lose a liquid of any kind? I'm not dumb and see the vents at the highest point in your pic, it makes sense. I'm curious if anybody has had any kind of gassing issue mounting in any location other than vertical?

I have never had any issues running mine the way you see mounted in the above pic. Mine has been mounted like that for a few years now, I've had it over on its side more than once.. zero problems

Cool. I've seen them mounted that way several times.

Only reason I ask is they put warning stickers all over them about sulfuric acid spilling on your hands.

Being in a "non spillable" class I was curious if you or anyone has had issues like that. It was just a thought

I bought a yellow top last night. I researched several brands. I really liked the X2 history and company but I have an optima battery tray. No worky

The local Batt store told me they have stopped carrying odyssey and optima because when they went to Mexico, customers complained about quality and warrantied them more often.

Hey thanks for feedback man. I'm diggin the candy red rock rings

Latest posts