• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired New Black Buggy...

Draco

Recently finished out buggy....Been out twice in it since completion. The buggy crawls very well and feels really "balanced" if that makes sense. I'm not sure of the weight, but can get it on a set of scales if needed. Really good parts list in this one, be one hell of a tough buggy. Chassis was built and set up by a guy in Texas. Has some different lines and mounts than we're used to seeing around here.
Chassis, skid plate and wheels are powder coated gloss black. Sheet metal is powder coated in matte black with stainless hardware.
108" wheel base.
84" wide outside tires.
(will get belly and overall height numbers ASAP)

So on to the parts list...

2005 LQ4 with 55,000 miles on it bought from EOR.
Jim's performance harness and tune. (DBC set up.)
New Starter and Alternator.
New fuel pump.
New Dynomax muffler. (all exhaust is flanged and uses clamps.)
New TH400 with all the good stuff inside. Also has RMVB.
New TCI flex plate and spacer.
New TCI Outlaw shifter
New Atlas 3.8 with TMR support.
New radiator, steering and trans coolers. Radiator and trans have fans, steering is heat sink.
New PRP seats (PREMIER HIGH BACK)
New PRP 5.3 Harnesses with pads built in
New Stazworks rear steer control with return to center.
2 Double ended rams
New Dual PSC steering pumps. (individual systems)
New Kevko oil pan with remote filter.
4 link done with Ballistic Fab joints.
Narrowed Rockwell axles with 8 lug conversion. Narrowed 7.25" I believe. Uses short side shafts all the way around. (Fits between fenders on a standard car hauler.)
New Wilwood pinion brakes.
New 16 spline chromolly Ouverson axles and joints.
New custom Double bead lock wheels. (I believe Rouge fab built them.)
New Sticky Iroks.
New Auto Meter "Cobalt" series gauges. Temp, Amps and Oil pressure.
New ORI shocks or "Struts". " Ride on a cloud of flashemifyougotem " I believe is the correct term used. ;D
New Odyssey battery.
ORS fire extinguisher mount. 2.5 bottle.

3 things I haven't gotten done yet:
1.) Needs 2 brackets on the engine powder coated.
2.) Needs the headers coated or plated.
3.) Needs 2 pieces of UHMW or plate for the "boat sides".

You can tell this is a new build, most everything is new on the buggy. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things.

Located in Hatton/Town Creek Alabama. Area code 35672 will get you close. We can work out meeting a reasonable distance.
Reply, PM, email: [email protected] (Will give my number through PM or email. Wife and I work swing shift and sleep during the day at times depending on our shift.)

Pictures: These are when I got it home. It's dusty from sitting the shop, but same overall condition.

Thanks for looking! Any questions, just ask.

fordcontraption01 said:
How were you able to blank off the front output on that Rockwell ?

It was already done like that when I got it.

fordcontraption01 said:
How were you able to blank off the front output on that Rockwell ?

You basically just cut the pinion shaft and weld a plate over the seal housing. There are a couple threads about it on Pirate.

fordcontraption01 said:
Ok. I thought that it had to be tight to hold against the bearing? Or does the seal retainer hold it tight? :dunno: looks cool eather way. :dblthumb:

I thought that also but was *kindly* corrected on Pirate in one of the threads I am referring to. :) The seal retainer holds the bearing and sets preleod based on shims. I actually wrapped my head around it all a few weeks ago when I was replacing my pinion bearings. The shims on one side set pinion depth and the other side sets preload. The yokes just bottom out on the splines.

smurfy90 said:
:driving: Whats next?

:dunno: May build my own chassis at some point. Also, we've been kicking around the idea of building a house....So....Who knows.

Cool to see this buggy finished up, I remember following the build on pirate a couple years ago when the TX guy started it. Good luck with the sale! thumb.gif

Definitely a different looking set of lines, but between the narrowed rocks, skins, and tubing lines it looks awesome.

great looking ride, but just curios been out very few times and is fr sale. what are its issues or are you getting gout if the business

bsfor said:
great looking ride, but just curios been out very few times and is fr sale. what are its issues or are you getting gout if the business

Not any issues with the buggy....Not in business either. Its just for sale.

hate to see your aready selling it. I was hoping we could get together and do a lot of riding when Im not off racing. it is a nice ride and I really like the shot wheelbase with steer rocks front and rear. not a bad prices cause it would take 45k for me to think about saleing my Rockwell buggy Blaze. good luck saleing it my friend

RKEY said:
hate to see your aready selling it. I was hoping we could get together and do a lot of riding when Im not off racing. it is a nice ride and I really like the shot wheelbase with steer rocks front and rear. not a bad prices cause it would take 45k for me to think about saleing my Rockwell buggy Blaze. good luck saleing it my friend

Thanks Randall! Short wheel base and 4 wheel steering....Gets around the woods awesome. Very easy rig to handle/drive. I wasn't sure I'd like the 4 wheel steering...It's the way to go. No more 5 point turns to get down a trail. molaugh

Draco said:
Thanks Randall! Short wheel base and 4 wheel steering....Gets around the woods awesome. Very easy rig to handle/drive. I wasn't sure I'd like the 4 wheel steering...It's the way to go. No more 5 point turns to get down a trail. molaugh
its hard 4 me to drive with out rear steer

Latest posts