• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

NEW DODGE DART!!! Wow-wow-wowwwww :(

26-3-2012_11-43-22_2013_dodge_dart_f34_ns_32612_717.jpg

X-Games superstar and part-time NASCAR competitor Travis Pastrana made it official in the Motor City earlier today.
Surrounded by electric guitars and gold records, Pastrana said he will drive the new 2013 Dodge Dart later this year in the 2012 Global RallyCross Championship Series.
Pastrana, 28, a four-time Rally America champion and multiple supercross and motorcross race winner, was at the Hard Rock Café in the Compuware building downtown to make the announcement.
"If you don't have the product to win, it's not worth going racing," said Pastrana, who will climb behind the wheel of the 600-plus horsepower Dodge Dart Rally Car after triumphing in virtually every form of motorsports involving heart-stopping twists, turns and jumps. "I love driving -- this is going to be exciting."
The Dodge Dart Rally Car makes its official public debut at the New York Motor Show next month.
Reid Bigland, president and CEO of the Dodge Brand, was on hand at Hard Rock Cafe to welcome Pastrana to the fold and talk about Chrysler's newest addition to its racing family -- the 2.0-liter, four-cylinder Dodge Dart.
"The Dodge dart shatters consumers' perceptions of what a compact car can be," Bigland said. "Who says compact cars can't be sporty."
The production version of the Dodge Dart debuts this spring. The racecar will be on the track beginning May 26 at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, N.C., where it will support the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
From there, the GRC Series will visit Texas Motor Speedway in tandem with the IZOD IndyCar Series race on June 10; will compete during the X Games in Los Angeles June 30 to July 1, and will be showcased at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, N.H., July 14, again with Nationwide.
A Sept. 1 race site is to be announced.

American: :dblthumb: loller.gif Announcement that the new Dart is a 2.0 FWD 4-door? :gay: :puke:

Have you forgotten, Obama GAVE Chrysler to FIAT and the UAW. Of course the investors who owned Chrysler stocks and bonds got zilch!!
The Dodge Dart is a renosed, rebadged Fiat. I might not be so bad though, I heard that Fiat had finally figured out how to build a car that would start on a rainy day :flipoff1:

But I gotta admit, it is kinda cool lookin'

That is true, Doc, it does look cool.... But call it a NEON!!! Or anything but a Dart! My wife used to own a FWD Duster, and I had a FWD Nova. They don't offer 2-door Chargers and the Superbee is now a TRUCK! The Impala and Malibu are geezer goers (and the go-to car when they "have to" finance a :afro: with a 511 credit score). The only American cars going in the right direction are the "throwback" muscle cars! (And maaaaybe the Charger SRT8) My dream cars are a '73 Mach 1, and a '63 Lincoln Continental. Where can you find ANYTHING nowadays as cool (big motor, HUGE car) as a '60's Continental? I guess I'll have to buy one and stuff a Coyote crate motor in it! :gtfo: UAW!

Ok, that's my rant.

If the car had the 600hp motor that they let Pastrana have, it might be worth giving a go. I don't mind 4 doors as long as the drivetrain doesn't make me feel like I am driving a 4 door.....Some of the Euro versions of the BMW's do a good job of hiding the extra doors :driving:

Latest posts