• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New forum "rule". - PLEASE READ

Speeding

Forum member #1
Hardline Crawler
Not really a rule, but due to how large our forums have gotten in the past few months with so many posts each day, please try to be more discriptive with your thread title. If you make a thread about you trying to be a crack dealer... but not like a mean crack dealer, but like a nice crack dealer, don't make the subject of that thread "OMG guys". Make the subject it something like "Hey guys, what's up? Wanna buy some crack?" Well, not really but you get the idea. If the thread has a lot of pics, put that in the subject. "My new tires - PICS inside" or something. There are many great threads with very important information that don't even get read because of the subject. Matt, Paul and myself plan moderate a little more than we have been to help with this problem as well.

So please, in the future try to make the subject reflect what the thread is actually about.

DavidsCJ7 said:
So, do we need to change the title or add a PS to the title when Bones derails it? :dunno:

A little PS would be good. laughing1

We talked about that. Hardline threads get jacked, it's just a fact. So we're gonna start either splitting more topics or straight up deleting the stupid crap to keep it on topic. ;D

Please do as master RB says. Also be mindful of posting in the right forums. I think rides and tech are pretty easy to figure out, but they are very underused.

Excellent use of Ricky Bobby. I was thinking about dealing crack or sending in my application to Road Rules. Just waiting for those two things to flesh themselves out.

Also note that many topics have been moved to the proper subforum. So if you're all lost and confused check tech or trailrides. thumb.gif

I agree on the trail ride section and the tech secton getting under used.

If you got a video or some good pics, put it in trail rides so its easier to find . There are tons of cool pics and vid's that get basically lost in the gen discussion section . I dont know how many of you have tried to search, but on here its damn near impossible because we all seem to put such obscure titles on threads. ( Im one of the worst about that... I know )

We just want to make it easier to find all the great stuff guys are posting on here and we'd like everyone to help make that happen is all !! thumb.gif

Also the point of this to try and get more people involved on a regular basis. A lot of people that don't spend all day on the boards come in and see all the posts and new threads and just shy away instead of posting because they don't want to weed through all the BS. Plus as P mentioned, we are loosing a ton of good tech due to off topic posts and poor thread titles.

Awesome move...I will try to derail as few as possible. However I can't promise 100% compliance.
Rather than deleting off topics in threads is there anyway to move individual posts?

I think an O/T post hell thread would be awesome. All the O/T posts all jumbled in one big thread. I bet it would actually flow pretty well rerading through and the laugh factor would be off the chart.
Some thoughs....

We talked about the Off Topic area also to capture all the completely non-4x4 stuff. Like politics, funny links, youtube links, boobs, etc. But last time we tried a new forum you fawkers all lost your mind and we almost had a mutanity. So we decided to moderate more, edit titles and try and split topics to keep the BS seperate. Basically we are going to put in more work as mods, and just ask that you guys try to help us out.

Matt O. said:
We talked about the Off Topic area also to capture all the completely non-4x4 stuff. Like politics, funny links, youtube links, boobs, etc. But last time we tried a new forum you fawkers all lost your mind and we almost had a mutanity. So we decided to moderate more, edit titles and try and split topics to keep the BS seperate. Basically we are going to put in more work as mods, and just ask that you guys try to help us out.
I think you should try it again. I think alot of the problem was we were blind sided with it. I had no idea what was going on. Not that I normally do anyway. Just replace general discussion with a new forum and add one. You know the good ol' general 4x4 discussion and chit chat. I have no clue where I came up with those names. :flipoff1:

3 tons o fun said:
Just replace general discussion with a new forum and add one. You know the good ol' general 4x4 discussion and chit chat. I have no clue where I came up with those names. :flipoff1:
Didn't we try that and it just confused everyone and we moaned until Ricky put it back like it was?