• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Polaris

I've still been looking at them. The base model has a ton of power. But even riding around the dealership I think you would find the limitations of the suspension your first ride to a park. They do have a 4 star model with better suspension. I haven't drive one of those yet.

Re:

How would you find limitations of the suspension? Mine's just a plain Ranger xp and never held me back and the General has way better suspension. Lol. I don't have as much wheel travel as the rzr's but it's never been an issue on the trail at all. I can fly over rough terrain and it soaks it up much better than I thought it would before I bought it. Still has enough wheel travel and clearance to follow the rzrs up most rocky obstacles.

Let me recant, sir. My apologies I forgot I was dealing with the grand wizard of utility SxS's. I own a business that I could justify buying a ranger or something similar. I would also take it with me when I wheel my buggy as a back up rig. Which I believe the general would be perfect.
My cuz who wants to get back into off road heard me bumping my gums about the general, so we went to a local dealer to check on one for him. He would probably use his for 90% play and very little work. After test driving a base general and a 900rzr. You could tell that the Rzr was going to hold his interest longer.

Eddyj said:
Let me recant, sir. My apologies I forgot I was dealing with the grand wizard of utility SxS's. I own a business that I could justify buying a ranger or something similar. I would also take it with me when I wheel my buggy as a back up rig. Which I believe the general would be perfect.
My cuz who wants to get back into off road heard me bumping my gums about the general, so we went to a local dealer to check on one for him. He would probably use his for 90% play and very little work. After test driving a base general and a 900rzr. You could tell that the Rzr was going to hold his interest longer.

Rzr 900 S and the General have the same suspension travel from the factory. The main difference would be between the shocks like you mentioned. To compare a base model General with base shocks to a Rzr 900 S with Fox shocks is apples to oranges. General wheel base is 81" and Rzr 900 S is 79", so not much difference there either.

There are some Rzr 900 models (not the S version), that has less suspension travel than the General too. And of course, the Rzr 1000 is a totally different animal in itself. And the 900 S and the General may in fact drive different, but comparing apples to apples, if they had the same shocks on both, the suspension pretty much identical between the two. The General is a mashup of a 900S and the Ranger.

Latest posts