• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Pro-Line 2.2 beadlocks

Myke J

Has anybody else got a chance to check these out yet? I looked at a pair of them at Kitsap Sports in Silverdale. They are really narrow, website says 1.2"! They are also heavier then the Axial wheels so less weight would have to be added. The beadlock rings are well built and all the screws are counter sunk. I probably would have picked them up if they had the black ones, but they only had a set of chrome ones left. They also had the new Pro-Line Rockstar body. It's designed specifically for the AX-10 and Wheely King. I don't really like the body style, but it is really small. If it looked more like a Crowd Pleazer or the discontinued Rock Pleazer, I would be all over one. What do you guys think?

Pro-Line Eight Shooter 2.2 Beadlocks

Pro-Line Rockstar body

They look good...the body is so-so. Like it better then the B-17 axial body. I wish they would find a way to make the beadlock screws thread into metal threads. Just putting my axial BL's together I stripped out one of the screws...and the beadlock ring wasn't all the way tight yet either

Well, you could buy a set of all aluminum beadlock wheels from RC4WD, but they are 3 times the cost. I've got a few stripped out threads on my Axial beadlocks. I was gonna try a coarser thread and see if that would hold in better.

I bought a set of proline 2.2 locks last night. I'm going to put them together tonight I think, so Ill post up what I think about them.

but i've been running non-beadlocks and have been wanting to get some but I just refuse to pay $120 for a set of wheels. I bought mine up at RC Hobbies in covington, $30 for a pair, so they are a little more then Axial wheels but I'm hoping its worth it.

Last edited:
I bought a set of proline 2.2 locks last night. I'm going to put them together tonight I think, so Ill post up what I think about them.

but i've been running non-beadlocks and have been wanting to get some but I just refuse to pay $120 for a set of wheels. I bought mine up at RC Hobbies in covington, $30 for a pair, so they are a little more then Axial wheels but I'm hoping its worth it.

Cool man, let me know. What are you putting them on? I agree that $120 for wheels is pretty crazy. I've picked used wheels for a real truck before for that kind of money :D

I got them installed, Im running them with stick on weights (6 oz front, 4 oz rear), Red Kreepies, and old Mashers.

They deffinetly don't hold a bead like a set of MSD wheels do, I've seen threads about guys trying to purposely pull the bead out and not being able too.

On these if you try to pull the bead out, it will come out. Now remember this is with a set of old mashers. The previous owner of my rig was running the mashers glued to a set of wheels. So the beads aren't exactly like new.

Mounting them was easy, they are narrow and getting the bead in the channel was somewhat of a task but not too hard. I just used a couple old wheels to keep the tire/rim from sitting on the table. That made it easier to work the bead into the groove.

The hexes fit nice and snug for being a plastic wheel, and they are re-inforced. The paint finish on the back side is crap, but its the back side of the wheel and I'm not going for looks anyway.

Ultimatley if your short on cash, these aren't a bad deal. $30/pair will save some cash. But I am still not sold on the longevity of these yet, I'm curious to see how the threads hold up over time. If I was going to be changing tires often I wouldn't want these because I'd hate to depend on the plastic threads holding up to multiple assemblies.

On the other hand, I did buy a set of aluminum rims last night. :redneck: Its not that I don't think the pro-lines will work, but this was too good of a deal to pass up. 4 RC4WD rims, memory foams, 4 oz weights in each, AND Losi Claws....$100 shipped. I would have been stupid not to buy them at that price. So the pro-lines will serve as my basher tire/rim combo which is perfect because the Masher's work awesome in my backyard (I call it Mini-Reiter) lots of trees, root balls, mossy rocks...

I got them installed, Im running them with stick on weights (6 oz front, 4 oz rear), Red Kreepies, and old Mashers.

They deffinetly don't hold a bead like a set of MSD wheels do, I've seen threads about guys trying to purposely pull the bead out and not being able too.

On these if you try to pull the bead out, it will come out. Now remember this is with a set of old mashers. The previous owner of my rig was running the mashers glued to a set of wheels. So the beads aren't exactly like new.

Mounting them was easy, they are narrow and getting the bead in the channel was somewhat of a task but not too hard. I just used a couple old wheels to keep the tire/rim from sitting on the table. That made it easier to work the bead into the groove.

The hexes fit nice and snug for being a plastic wheel, and they are re-inforced. The paint finish on the back side is crap, but its the back side of the wheel and I'm not going for looks anyway.

Ultimatley if your short on cash, these aren't a bad deal. $30/pair will save some cash. But I am still not sold on the longevity of these yet, I'm curious to see how the threads hold up over time. If I was going to be changing tires often I wouldn't want these because I'd hate to depend on the plastic threads holding up to multiple assemblies.

That was about what I was expecting from them, not bad but not the end all of beadlocks. I do think that they are better than the Axials though. I think I'll pick up a set of black ones. I run Losi Claws, Red Kreepies front, Pink Kreepies rear, 7oz front, about 1 1/2-2oz rear.

On the other hand, I did buy a set of aluminum rims last night. :redneck: Its not that I don't think the pro-lines will work, but this was too good of a deal to pass up. 4 RC4WD rims, memory foams, 4 oz weights in each, AND Losi Claws....$100 shipped. I would have been stupid not to buy them at that price.

I would've picked them up for that price too, that's a crazy deal :awesomework: