• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New product from warn?

boxboy

can I be your friend...
I saw this on a different board and thought I would bring it over here too see what everyone things?

I don't know if it is a real product from warn just interested to see if it did/does would you buy it?

Last edited:
skrause said:
The hell?!?! Air compressor IN the winch? Uh..... ya.....OK..... :wtf:

why not put that motor to more use.... I know that my winch doesn't get used all that much so why not dual purpose?

boxboy said:
why not put that motor to more use.... I know that my winch doesn't get used all that much so why not dual purpose?
Ya, but when you lose that motor you've lost BOTH winch and air. I'm a fan of keeping things like that autonomous.

Yes, it's a very cool idea. Just not something I'd run.

trainwreck said:
i have heard they are VERY heavy and cost about $$$$1800

a bit to much cash for me
Ya, I'm happy with my $25 compressor. Even though it's broken. :redneck:

Now if they could just add a base to run a blender, they would really have something. :D

I think I'll stick with my 9500 and York, thanks. I'm sure the mall crawlers will be all over it though.

WhizBangChris said:
Now if they could just add a base to run a blender, they would really have something. :D

I think I'll stick with my 9500 and York, thanks. I'm sure the mall crawlers will be all over it though.

gotta be able to inflate the kids soccer balls :flipoff:

boxboy said:

But typically when you use your winch---its under very stressful needs....

I would really like to see how it does in real world conditions until I form an opinion.

I do know in the winch market Warn is hard to beat.

But in the air compressor market? 12CFM at 0psi? What happens when it gets loaded to fill a tire. Can I fart harder than that? If so, I would rather keep my winch and fart in my tires.

I like my 12cfm york w/ 2.5 gallon air tank.

I seriously doubt I can run an impact gun off the warn winch..

and I'll keep my hs9500i thanks.

Now, if warn came out with a seperate air compressor that had nothing to do with your winch, that might be good.

I'm a big fan of warn stuff.. but not hybrid/dual purpose crap.

like has been said.. if you lose yoru winch motor, what happens to the air.. I run my lockers off air and if I lost my winch, and my lockers at the same time? wow.. you are H0SED!

KarlVP said:
I would really like to see how it does in real world conditions until I form an opinion.

I do know in the winch market Warn is hard to beat.

But in the air compressor market? 12CFM at 0psi? What happens when it gets loaded to fill a tire. Can I fart harder than that? If so, I would rather keep my winch and fart in my tires.

Warn claims they can fill 4 35" tires in 8 minutes, thats not to bad. But with the 12000lb winch I think this would make a very nice winch for the front of the tow rig but not the wheeler.

Weight:
Contrary to looks, the PowerPlant weighs about 90 lbs minus fairlead, remote, etc. This compares to about 80 lbs for a 9.5ti.

Compressor specs:
Air flow at 90 psi is about 5 cfm which is over double that of many compressors on the market under $1000. The most applicable pressure to judge against is 60 psi. which is the head pressure of a Schrader valve (filling a tire at “0 psi†still equates to a 60 psi head due to the valve). The PowerPlant flow at this head is approximately 6.5 cfm which will fill a 35†tire from dead flat to 30 psi in under two minutes.

Control:
A pressure switch is included with the winch. This allows you to achieve 100 psi in the intercooler and/or a vehicle mounted tank and hold it at pressure (refills upon use). Many DC compressor units on the market today will simply run until you turn them off, they stall, or they blow a pressure relief. This winch is controlled with a contactor rather than four individual solenoids.

Sealing:
Product is equipped with the same seals, gaskets etc as our 9.5XP and 9.5 Ti units.

Effect on vehicle cooling:
Due to venting and cover design, the PowerPlant has negligible effect on vehicle cooling

Pricing:
In most cases, separate winch and compressor purchases will exceed the price of the PowerPlant. This product combines two high performance products at a very competitive price.

Intake:
The intake point includes a 5’ intake hose with a filter that the user can mount wherever they like (preferably in a normally dry place under hood, etc).

The air unit is sealed as well. As with any winch product it is not recommended for submersion. Weatherproof rather than waterproof.

TDW said:
Weight:
Contrary to looks, the PowerPlant weighs about 90 lbs minus fairlead, remote, etc. This compares to about 80 lbs for a 9.5ti.

Compressor specs:
Air flow at 90 psi is about 5 cfm which is over double that of many compressors on the market under $1000. The most applicable pressure to judge against is 60 psi. which is the head pressure of a Schrader valve (filling a tire at “0 psi†still equates to a 60 psi head due to the valve). The PowerPlant flow at this head is approximately 6.5 cfm which will fill a 35†tire from dead flat to 30 psi in under two minutes.

Control:
A pressure switch is included with the winch. This allows you to achieve 100 psi in the intercooler and/or a vehicle mounted tank and hold it at pressure (refills upon use). Many DC compressor units on the market today will simply run until you turn them off, they stall, or they blow a pressure relief. This winch is controlled with a contactor rather than four individual solenoids.

Sealing:
Product is equipped with the same seals, gaskets etc as our 9.5XP and 9.5 Ti units.

Effect on vehicle cooling:
Due to venting and cover design, the PowerPlant has negligible effect on vehicle cooling

Pricing:
In most cases, separate winch and compressor purchases will exceed the price of the PowerPlant. This product combines two high performance products at a very competitive price.

Intake:
The intake point includes a 5’ intake hose with a filter that the user can mount wherever they like (preferably in a normally dry place under hood, etc).

The air unit is sealed as well. As with any winch product it is not recommended for submersion. Weatherproof rather than waterproof.

why dont you have one on your jeep Todd?:D

**** I would run one on my buggy but Im not going to go out and buy one since I have a winch and a little weak arb compressor. :redneck:

Latest posts