• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New seats tired of a wet butt!

Chuck19

Someone make a seat with a mesh bottom in it but I can figure out who it is can anyone help me out I'm tired of having a wet butt every time it rains or I wash my buggy?

That is a benefit of the Kirkey's. I can just unbutton the covers and wash away. I drilled a small hole and the water just drains out. I'm sure someone has an answer for you though.

I think all of PRPs pro-series come with a mesh bottom. I know in the podium seat I have the bottom cushion is removable and the whole bottom is mesh. I think they offer the option of mesh in all of their seats though.

hokie_yj said:
I think all of PRPs pro-series come with a mesh bottom. I know in the podium seat I have the bottom cushion is removable and the whole bottom is mesh. I think they offer the option of mesh in all of their seats though.
This ^^^^^

Got prp rzr seats in mine with the mesh... they are awesome, literally hose them out and almost all the dirt and mud goes out the bottom. Towel off and go

Chuck19 said:
I bought some of those Bill and they leak like a screen door lol!

Mine do great for keeping water off/out of the seat. I would really like a set of PRPs with all the goodies, but I have a hard time justifying $1000+ for seats and covers right now.

Billcow said:
I have water proof covers from corbeau that I put on mine when I wash it.

this. but have been thinking of switching to the PRPs as a possibility. just not sure if they are too hot during the summer (like wearing shorts and being sweaty)

have covers for both fronts and also the rear bench. usually leave the rear one on to keep it dry while wheelin.

I added a drain to my Corbeaus. Piece of cake.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004LR4LPI/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1473125533&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=bilge+pump+hull&dpPl=1&dpID=31yxNKDWRnL&ref=plSrch

20150506_160822_zpsprv2isyd.jpg

1tfrot said:
this. but have been thinking of switching to the PRPs as a possibility. just not sure if they are too hot during the summer (like wearing shorts and being sweaty)

Just got the PRPs with the mud drain, and I learned that in the summer that vent acts like a nice little butt vent. I can feel the air "back there" helping. I already have vinyl seats so I was used to the sweaty back, but the vent near the belt line is nice.

I like my cheap corbeaus.. They hold water , so I soak it up with a towel (if it gets soaked) and ride out! 1000 buks on seats ain't prob ever gonna happen with this guy! But then again my junk ain't as nice as yalls **** haha.

kushKrawlin said:
I like my cheap corbeaus.. They hold water , so I soak it up with a towel (if it gets soaked) and ride out! 1000 buks on seats ain't prob ever gonna happen with this guy! But then again my junk ain't as nice as yalls **** haha.

While I hear what you are saying, here is what I don't get. Most will spend thousands of dollars on axle parts, tires, engines, etc. But the last thing you want to spend money on is seats, the item or part you are in contact with 100% of the time while you are wheeling. To me, if I'm not comfortable and safe while I'm wheeling, I'm not interested in ride'n. Seats and harnesses that fit you and are comfortable are priceless IMO.