• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Tire Time

BroncoMike1

Time to get some decent 35's for my Bronco and I'm having a hard time deciding. When I actually get a chance to go wheeling, it's usually at walker, I'd like to just get swampers but I put a lot of street miles on it for camping and fishing trips dump runs etc. I'm leaning towards BFG'S or MTR's. Suggestions?

The Kevlars are nice, and so are the Maxxis for the money....
Also, look at the Hankook M/T, and the Cooper Stt...

The cooper's did catch my eye, the reviews seem pretty good. There's so many damn choices and I haven't been able to afford actually new tires since I bought a set of original BFG'S.

The Cooper STT Pro, and the S/T Maxx both are getting good reviews...But yeah, the Kevlars are hard to beat these days...Little more dough, but...

BFGs have gone to ****. They like to come apart. Ripped caps, bulged plys, inside delamination etc.

Seems they only make good tires for sponsored rigs.

I wont put another set on any of my rigs EVER.

I cant comment on the others.

BFGs have gone to ****. They like to come apart. Ripped caps, bulged plys, inside delamination etc.

Seems they only make good tires for sponsored rigs.

I wont put another set on any of my rigs EVER.

I cant comment on the others.

You keep saying this, BUT I have had, and still have BFG's on my truck, with ZERO issue...
My KM's Load D I bought new in 07 ran flawlessly, and without fail. I had a set of E-rated KM2 255/85R16's on for a year as temp tires, got in a trade deal...They ran smooth, and gave ZERO issue to me AND the original owner (who went to a 35" tire)
Reason for the swap...I wore the KM's out, after 7.5 yrs of running, towing, hauling, snow, mud, etc...
After doing ALOT of research, I now have LT285/75R16 E-rated KO2's on the rig, and they run quiet and smooth. I wanted to go back to the 285's to get some power back. Didn't care for the skinny, tall look of the 255/85's...
..............Buy your tires new, and you minimize the need to worry about any of that ****... :fawkdancesmiley:

What are these Kevlar tires? I cannot find any info on them?
My Iroks are a little cut up and time to change. Someone STOLE my Krawler Stickies :wtf: