• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New to the PANE dumb ass propane questions

TacomaJD said:
1 easy one to go ahead and eliminate is the tank itself. Does it say "liquid" or "vapor" on the tank beside where the valve goes into the tank? If it says liquid (like it's supposed to), you could try turning the tank upside down and seeing if it changes how it runs. I've heard of the pickups breaking off inside the tank, so if you turn it upside down and it runs like a champ, that would be what happened.

My spare grill bottle I carry with me while wheeling is just a vapor tank, meaning it doesn't have an internal pickup in the tank, it just works off vapor like a gas grill or tank top heater. It will still run the truck on vapor, but not good enough to haul ass or be aggressive with the throttle unless I turn it upside down so all the liquid propane then will be feeding through the vapor hole and into the lines directly.

Just a little simple propane tank knowledge for you if you are like I was when I bought my propaned rig. I didn't know **** about propane tanks before, other than I gotta have one if I wanna cook **** on my grill.....lol

Oh and good looking buggy! Blue ORI's look sweet!

Thanks a lot man it never hurts to ask and i will do all of these suggestions everybody keeps giving me, i am still working bugs out of it since the former op only wheeled it once

Re: Re: Re: New to the PANE dumb ass propane questions

BNBOFFROAD said:
Thanks a lot man it never hurts to ask and i will do all of these suggestions everybody keeps giving me, i am still working bugs out of it since the former op only wheeled it once

Also, for your steering, make sure the belt is in good condition and not loose/slipping. Mine did that last year, it wouldn't squeal so I didn't really know it was slipping, but it was loose. It was actually too big or stretched beyond what the tensioner would compensate for, so I put a smaller one on it, tightened that bitch down and it works fine now.

TacomaJD said:
Also, for your steering, make sure the belt is in good condition and not loose/slipping. Mine did that last year, it wouldn't squeal so I didn't really know it was slipping, but it was loose. It was actually too big or stretched beyond what the tensioner would compensate for, so I put a smaller one on it, tightened that bitch down and it works fine now.
yea unfortunately its not that....... it would be easy and cheap ha i figure i will have a good 1k into this thing b4 it's wheelable to my standards booyang

The water for the vaporizer just has to be at room temperature to vaporize the fuel. If there is a problem with water flow it will usually make the vaporizer get really cold or even freeze it up. Since you said you backed it out and it died, check your coupling on your tank to make sure it is screwed in fully and also pull it loose from the tank to make sure you do not have an extra washer stacked up inside it. That will let just enough fuel flow to start and idle but little else. Also check and see where the vacuum for the lockoff is connected. It needs to be connected to a port on the mixer and not anywhere on the manifold. Check those things out and give me a call if you still have problems.

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com

altfuel1991 said:
The water for the vaporizer just has to be at room temperature to vaporize the fuel. If there is a problem with water flow it will usually make the vaporizer get really cold or even freeze it up. Since you said you backed it out and it died, check your coupling on your tank to make sure it is screwed in fully and also pull it loose from the tank to make sure you do not have an extra washer stacked up inside it. That will let just enough fuel flow to start and idle but little else. Also check and see where the vacuum for the lockoff is connected. It needs to be connected to a port on the mixer and not anywhere on the manifold. Check those things out and give me a call if you still have problems.

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com
this guy thumb.gif i will call you for sure if i have any problems

BNBOFFROAD said:

Glad you got it figured out. Running used bottles over the years I've found that the gauges aren't right most the time. Best way to check is weigh the tank.

While the PO only wheeled it once success getting back from a builder, this rig has been around & been wheeled for a few years. He just had the builder redo the tube & add ORIs.

paradisepwoffrd said:
Glad you got it figured out. Running used bottles over the years I've found that the gauges aren't right most the time. Best way to check is weigh the tank.

While the PO only wheeled it once success getting back from a builder, this rig has been around & been wheeled for a few years. He just had the builder redo the tube & add ORIs.
when I get everything thing the way I want it I'm gonna beat this bitch like it owes me money