• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Trail G9?

garcol

We had a pretty good time crawling thru the new trail today. It has some pretty good rugged parts in it. Some people we got to come out and check it out did not want to go thru it as it was a bit rough and definitely some body damage was going to happen.

Both my wife's rig the MissCreant and mine the MissUnderstood took a few hits to the body, but being sports we just broke out our permanent markers and notated the date on the body damage.

The MissUnderstood only had to be winched once so not too bad, (tow fee,lol). And the MissCreant now has some pretty good vibration going down the road that I need to find and get fixed.

I would like to say that these new Reiter Foothills trails seems very rugged and for the most part built for buggies. Some street legal rigs that are built up pretty tough can do alright but you may want to trailer it up anyways to be sure and get home alright.

I am kind of disappointed in the trails that are being built, in the fact that they seem to be being built for the heavier duty rigs and not for general wheelers with intermediate type rigs to just have some fun offroad.

In my opinion I think these types of trails are not going to attract the majority of the wheeling community but more the top 1 or 2% of the hardcore offroad type rigs and people.

I am also very happy to see that Reiter foothills ORV park is open now and that we are getting some trails opened up for more wheeling opportunities.

Thanks All for your Ear!

Gary

Last edited:
We had a pretty good time crawling thru the new trail today. It has some pretty good rugged parts in it. Some people we got to come out and check it out did not want to go thru it as it was a bit rough and definitely some body damage was going to happen.

Both my wife's rig the MissCreant and mine the MissUnderstood took a few hits to the body, but being sports we just broke out our permanent markers and notated the date on the body damage.

The MissUnderstood only had to be winched once so not too bad, (tow fee,lol). And the MissCreant now has some pretty good vibration going down the road that I need to find and get fixed.

I would like to say that these new Reiter Foothills trails seems very rugged and for the most part built for buggies. Some street legal rigs that are built up pretty tough can do alright but you may want to trailer it up anyways to be sure and get home alright.

I am kind of disappointed in the trails that are being built, in the fact that they seem to be being built for the heavier duty rigs and not for general wheelers with intermediate type rigs to just have some fun offroad.

In my opinion I think these types of trails are not going to attract the majority of the wheeling community but more the top 1 or 2% of the hardcore offroad type rigs and people.

I am also very happy to see that Reiter foothills ORV park is open now and that we are getting some trails opened up for more wheeling opportunities.

Thanks All for your Ear!

Gary

But thats what we have worked hard and pushed for. We didn't want another walker valley. There are so many easy trails out there the "harder" stuff is far a few between. Reiter was always known for hard stuff..

I drove my buggy through the new trail, 2 weeks ago in the pouring rain, with no trouble. That trail is NOT a "Buggy" trail.

Is it built to upper edge of the Green Trail Standard? Yes....and that makes it perfect. There are only a couple spots,on the new trail, that would put a street jeep/'Yota in a spot of bother........one of those is optional and the other has plenty of trees around it to winch.

As Mike said.....Walker is a Blue trail loop and we want Reiter to be better than that...I feel all those involved are doing a great job!! Now if the DNR would quit changing Engineers that would be awesome:beer:

GO SCOTT!!:cool:

Last edited:

Thanks All for your Ear!

Gary

I would be interested in knowing what you would want changed to see if they could be fit with-in the guidelines and the limited trail lengths?

I wheeled Reiter back in the early 90's and there was always alot of versatility amongst the trails.
The point I was trying to make is that it is now becoming a place that will only attract the top 1 or 2 % of the hardcore offroad community.

If you want to attract only these more hardcore people then the last 2 trails (connector and the G9) are being built in a fashion and will be somewhat challenging for them.

I guess maybe I was just hoping for something that would help to attract more people into the sport rather than something that caters to the people that are already into the sport and have pretty well set-up rigs.

You guys are right we do need some tougher trails for those already with built rigs. But some of the descriptions of the equipment needed has been very misleading in my opinion.

Boxboy, if it were possible to gain some more support for Reiter foothills ORV park by having some trails that would appeal to the built-up daily drivers say something along the lines of 33 inch tires locked both ends, experienced driver, but needs his rig for the next day?

My point is, that the trails that are being fabricated now are awesome and tough. But if you want more support, in my opinion, you need to try to accomodate to the majority which would include some of the lesser rigs and built-up daily drivers that dont borderline a "Buggy" status.

I am trying to choose my words here so bear with me. You guys have worked VERY hard and have accomplished alot especially dealing with Wa state. And we do appreciate your efforts, getting Reiter Foothills ORV on the map and reopened.
I think I may understand a little more what you are wanting than i did before. But wanted to throw my thoughts at you for the possibility of getting more support from the public.

Gary M

At first I didn't like the gate keeper,but the rest of the g9 trail is good.
I can live with gate keeper know that I know how to get over/around it.

The tight and twist trail if done right we'll be a fun trail for rigs that are not locked

Bin involved with this just a little and the conceptual of what Reiter will turn out like. What the trails will be like.

The one thing that everyone ask me when they talked to me was, what the trails will be like. My reply was Reiter will be Reiter. Ask anyone that has wheeled Reiter a lot and they will smile. It will put a dent or 2 in your rig. It will challenge your rig to the max if you are on 35s You will winch if you are on 33s. That was the whole idea. Get out and use that bolt on equipment!!! We have been trying to get people involved for years for input and well now the cast is set. I think like any new trail it will work in. To everyone that has built trails they are a little rough the first few times through them till they where in. These will be the same. They will work in. As far as the comment that they were built for buggies. well I have told every one that you will need good rock sliders, a good belly pan and a winch and you can do all of the trails with no damage. Now if you are one of those people that will try and try to make it, You will have damage

I drove the trail yesterday and didn't take the add on loops on purpose. I wanted to see if there was a good clean green line. I have a 18"belly and am long as hell. There is a clean line if you look for it. It you are looking for a good tech trail that will challenge your ability to know where your tires are and how to drive, this is it.

Don't be afraid to winch, all damage that I saw yesterday was driver error. or spotter error. You only candy cane a driveline by doing one thing.

Remember the trail didn't put the dents in your rig. You are the one that kept going. You are the one that didn't winch. You are the one in control. Drive smart and Reiter will be a blast :awesomework:

Have fun, wheel hard and know when to winch:haha:

Last edited:
I wheeled Reiter back in the early 90's and there was always alot of versatility amongst the trails.
The point I was trying to make is that it is now becoming a place that will only attract the top 1 or 2 % of the hardcore offroad community.

If you want to attract only these more hardcore people then the last 2 trails (connector and the G9) are being built in a fashion and will be somewhat challenging for them.

I guess maybe I was just hoping for something that would help to attract more people into the sport rather than something that caters to the people that are already into the sport and have pretty well set-up rigs.

You guys are right we do need some tougher trails for those already with built rigs. But some of the descriptions of the equipment needed has been very misleading in my opinion.

Boxboy, if it were possible to gain some more support for Reiter foothills ORV park by having some trails that would appeal to the built-up daily drivers say something along the lines of 33 inch tires locked both ends, experienced driver, but needs his rig for the next day?

My point is, that the trails that are being fabricated now are awesome and tough. But if you want more support, in my opinion, you need to try to accomodate to the majority which would include some of the lesser rigs and built-up daily drivers that dont borderline a "Buggy" status.

I am trying to choose my words here so bear with me. You guys have worked VERY hard and have accomplished alot especially dealing with Wa state. And we do appreciate your efforts, getting Reiter Foothills ORV on the map and reopened.
I think I may understand a little more what you are wanting than i did before. But wanted to throw my thoughts at you for the possibility of getting more support from the public.

Gary M

So there will be at least 2 trails which will be "easy" trails and one more little connector trail... one may get built next summer as well as the easy connector trail. but i as well as others have pushed DNR to think feet per hour and not miles per hour as we have limited space to play on. I would really suggest you take new people to walker or Evans for the near future until some of the other trails can be built.

I have spotted several bone stock rigs through the first trail with out winching and with out body damage (maybe some rim rash) so really I think the first trail is an easy trail :corn:

I think the trails are looking great (except the first one there needs to be more obstacles, it is too easy looking), they need to be challenging. Few easy trails is fine but like said before, Reiter had some very difficult trails, new Reiter should have difficult trails as well, it would be cool if they were able to construct something like BYS or just make a trail without the gravel bed so the trail evolves more. That is the only thing I see about Reiter right now that I don't like, I would like to go to a focus group meeting, but being 2 hours out of town and working full time that isn't possible. I am very glad to see Reiter being rebuilt, keep up the good work :awesomework:.

I haven't been out to Reiter, been down the road, but not to the new area, this is just from what I have seen looking from the outside in.

Last edited:
I think maybe my point got missed, in any case the trails are awesome and some good technical stuff in spots as well as the original trail being easy for stockers and open diffs.
I am not at all worried about my damage as it is only what I do that causes it to my own rigs.
I wish I could go to the focus meetings but i work a swing shift schedule.

So best of luck and keep up the good works. It will be nice to have another place for wheelers to go in the future as well as what has already been done.

Gary M

Last edited:
I think maybe my point got missed, in any case the trails are awesome and some good technical stuff in spots as well as the original trail being easy for stockers and open diffs.
I am not at all worried about my damage as it is only what I do that causes it to my own rigs.

So best of luck and keep up the good works. It will be nice to have another place for wheelers to go in the future as well as what has already been done.

Gary M

Gary like we talked about. there is a difference between brutal and hard. I think that getting a PE that can work with a LA. I personally think a LA needs to draw the trail and a PE needs to engineer it. We can't get away from engineered trails. So the next step is to learn what is good and what is bad for the next tail. I am in total agreement that we need trails for all. But we also need to spread the word that Reiter will not be a mellow trail through the woods. Reiter will challenge your ability to drive a clean line while delivering a challenge for the more advance rigs. I think the 1.5 miles of tight and twisty trails will give the rigs that you are talking about a good challenge. It is all evolution :awesomework:

Last edited:

Gary M

No your comments have not been missed I think they will be satisfied with the next trail to be build.

Thanks for listening and your inputs, Glad to hear that Reiter will be trying to accomodate all walks of wheelers.

Glad that everyone that did run the trail this weekend had a great time. Got some good vids and pics, still trying to get them uploaded.

Check pics out thru MissCreants Facebook page.......https://www.facebook.com/TheMissCreant

And vids best thru youtube....
http://www.youtube.com/user/garcol15/videos

Here is some more vids from a different person, Mark you did a good job! thanks.
https://www.facebook.com/gary.d.miller.16

Hope this works?

Last edited:
The gatekeep does need some work--but is also drivable on the right side--very tricky but doable.

It doesn't, Not one bit. 33 can make it without winching and I can craw it with just a little bump at the end. Looks perfect to me. People just need to learn how to drive and not assume that the center of the trail is the only line. Yes they could do better, but I don't think it needs reworking

It doesn't, Not one bit. 33 can make it without winching and I can craw it with just a little bump at the end. Looks perfect to me. People just need to learn how to drive and not assume that the center of the trail is the only line. Yes they could do better, but I don't think it needs reworking

This one time I have to diss agree with ya charlie.

This one time I have to diss agree with ya charlie.

If you mellow that keeper out, the trail will get blown out to Reiter road. It is an easy out keeper with a drivers challenge in for any size rig. It is not brutal, You can stack real fast and make it real easy. It keeps open/open out. As far as a gate keeper that are the requirements.

What would you change?

I have to admit I was wrong. Looks like you guys did some great work. Its funny to hear that some think its too hard.:awesomework: