• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Year's Resolution

creepycrawly

Aside from the normal resolutions to stop smoking or drinking or lose weight or be a better person, did anybody make any interesting resolutions this year? I made 2.

1. Camp at least 30 days this calendar year.

2. Run 500 miles this calendar year.

I didn't make any progress on the running today, but I am gonna go burn night in the hammock tonight I think. Let's hear yours!

Compete in a powerlifting competition is mine. Never competed before, but my wife and training partner are encouraging me so I'll give it a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna stop eating everything within reach...

kushKrawlin said:
Well it's time .. Guess I'm throwing in the towel.. :'( had a good run...
#gonnamissyoukush #soberlife

Seriously? That's really gonna put a damper on the Meme thread.

kushKrawlin said:

Noway, is it new years day or April fools? ??? ???

kushKrawlin said:

Haha! Yeah, no. I was trying to be serious! Hahahahahaha!

Kush getting off the kush???

No **** I got to get my fat ass back in the gym. I've put on to much weight since I got an inside job and sit behind a desk all day now.

BPINAZ said:
Train for and pass the Border Patrol BORTAC course.

Sounds fun. Is there a link available to Joe public?

Edit* Nevermind. Good luck man. I was thinking it was like our obstacle course. I see now it's an actual course like a school. Seems legit! Preparation is key, I'd be willing to bet based on what I read.

jeeptj99 said:
Kush getting off the kush???

No **** I got to get my fat ass back in the gym. I've put on to much weight since I got an inside job and sit behind a desk all day now.

Man I can relate to that! I gained about 15 lbs over the last year and a half because I got an inside job. It's terrible and is harder to get the weight off the older I get.

EsPowell said:
Compete in a powerlifting competition is mine. Never competed before, but my wife and training partner are encouraging me so I'll give it a try!

Strongman stuff or weights or conventional stuff? My goal is to be long and strong (Run a half marathon and break all my 1 rep maxes)

Deadlift is my goal now. Having some hip troubles so squats are an issue. Goal is 600 pounds in the 198 class

EsPowell said:
Deadlift is my goal now. Having some hip troubles so squats are an issue. Goal is 600 pounds in the 198 class

Shoulders have shut me down. Where are you now on deadlift?

Re:

Finish my rig and race it

Run another 1/2 marthon

Back to 163 pound range (loss of 12 or so)

Gain endurance and strength in the gym

Taking over a resturant from my father in law of 31 years and making it better and bigger without screwing up

Get my buggy to where it will hold up to a beat down!!!!!! Prolly just end up mad with a fer sail add on here and buy a damn horse to trail ride lol

creepycrawly said:
Man I can relate to that! I gained about 15 lbs over the last year and a half because I got an inside job. It's terrible and is harder to get the weight off the older I get.

**** sucks. But at least it's warm in winter cool in summer lol. I drove fork lifts in lumber yards. Middle of August on blacktop sucked. Then I remember in January-February having to to hit bundles with a sledgehammer because it rained then froze the bundle together. Good times

money_pit_yj said:
Shoulders have shut me down. Where are you now on deadlift?

Just starting to train deadlifts again, and I'm trying a new strategy of only going heavy every 3 weeks or so. That being said my max is about 520-530 right now, but I'm not pulling all out singles till competition day