• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Newbie, lots of questions!!

bowtieblake

I fell in love the first second i stumbled across this site when I started doing some research on a buggy build.I have searched every inch of this board and pretty much all that google has to offer about buggies. I have had several trail rigs and wanting to build a buggy now. I dont have intentions of an all out rock bouncer but definitely want it to be of that style. I think that building a rig on a buggy chassis gives me room to continually grow in a forward direction without ever having to back track. Id like to find a complete chassis that I could put a running gear under. I plan on using 60/14 with spools, healthy 350/350/205 Where can I find a complete chassis? Why are the links made of aluminium? How much stall is used? How do I know what gear ratio I need? Coilovers? I know that putting it together is going to take a chunk of cash and lots of time. I have homebrewed a couple dirt cars, a couple rocket fast street cars, and my trail rigs and now its time to blend them all together. Sorry for the long first post. Everyone on here seems to be very nice-helpfull and I fell like I can get steered in the right direction pretty quickly here. Thanks in advance. located in mid Tn btw

Essentially Offroad
or
Smith MotorSports

For a chassis depending on the style you are looking for.

Essentially is who I try to buy my parts from. Jimmy is very knowledgeable and willing to help you figure out what you need and give you a good price.

Thanks for the quick replys. I am leaning towards a chassis that has been parted out. Im not to worried about it being pretty and shiny because after a few rides and a couple beers im sure it will be scuffed up anyway.

call jimmy 423 827 4913 we will get you taken care of our chassis are stylish tuff and affordable thanks, TommyRains Jimmy Smith motorsports

CSC Fab can help you out. Located in NW Georgia. Recent builds on this forum, Poison Ivy, R Keys Blaze, Twisted 40, we build tough, stylish rigs with lots of room. Talk to Labronn.TKS. :dblthumb:

Its really about the style you want. I'm sure you would be pleased with any of them listed. I really liked CSC style so they currently building me a chassis. It's looking awesome, they built what I asked, and affordable too. Just build something so we can :driving:

Hey Yo, don't forget about POBoy Fabwerx......we build the legendary BigBird chassis that is both TUFF and Stylish, PLUS unlike the others it's BADFAWKINGASS!!! for just a large suitcase full of sudephed we will build you anyfawking thang you want son. Hit up your boy and you won't be sorry.

you want a robby bobby chassis. Even has a rig running the King Of The Hammers race this year. :****:

The way things are now....You'd be money ahead to buy a complete rig rather than build. :****:

But.....Any of the guys posted above can build you a chassis, any way you want, for prolly not much more than you'll find a used chassis that's built for someone else. (that you'll likely modify.) thumb.gif

Draco said:
The way things are now....You'd be money ahead to buy a complete rig rather than build. :****:

But.....Any of the guys posted above can build you a chassis, any way you want, for prolly not much more than you'll find a used chassis that's built for someone else. (that you'll likely modify.) thumb.gif

x2 3 and 4, if you are just buying a chassis there production pieces = several people have them and you can get a complete one for much cheaper and easier.

If I cant find a Smith-Aetna style chassis that has been parted out in the near future then I will get him to build me one. A used chassis that someone is upgrading from is really what Im hunting. I dont plan on this rig being a highend 30,000 dollar rig so Im a little flexible on using one built for someone else. As far as just going and buying a completed rig isnt an option either. I know someone out there has what im looking for in the corner or under a tarp somewhere.

Latest posts