• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Next Elbe Hills work party coming soon

rollnhvy

The work party will be on saterday june 21st and sunday june 22nd. We will be doing trail repairs and general maintenance. I will be going to elbe very soon to do a walk around and will post more then. If you are planning on attending please post up,so i have some what of a idea of how many people will be there. During my walk around i will be looking at some of the issue's brought up in the complaint thread and looking at possible fixes.... :redneck:

I will be there both days.

I would like to Take down some of those potential widowmakers on the busy.

I'm planning on being there all weekend. The rigs running now so I'll atually have my own ride this time. I think jimdiddy will be there too.

I'm a no-show for this one. I have a father-son campout with Jackson's Royal Rangers that entire weekend. I THINK CheaperJeeper is going to be able to make it on Saturday. Maybe JR since he wasn't able to make the last one:stirpot:

I'm coming up Friday night to camp, planning on helping all weekend
I'll have my 121" wheel base rig in tow:D

Last edited:
To Those Of You who are attending...

Please make sure you check in at the shelter in the campground. Sign the sign in sheet, because it covers your butt if you are hurt while at the work party and helps towards our grants with the DNR.

We will start sign in/going over projects at 9 am on Saturday and Sunday. Joe will be going up sometime this week to go over projects to be done and trying to start addressing some issues with Nancy about Elbe.

I will try and be there.

My family might be going to our cabin that weekend, if we are, then I have to help my dad put in a fireplace. If we are doing that the weekend after, then I'll be able to go to the work party.

I'll post tomorrow if I have to help my dad or not.

Today i walked some of the trails with the dnr. Most of the park looked pretty good. We walked the busy also. There are alot of things we need to fix up there. If we want to keep the mud holes we need to fix them so mud doesnt wash down the hillside. (easy enough just need man power) There are a few area's where over the winter the trail has moved to go around a difficult spot. Not a problem in some area's, But other area's need to be shifted back into place. The bridge needs to be cleaned before it rots away. We want to keep the mud holes but need to make them passable. What do guys think about digging them deeper and putting bottoms in them then putting the mud back in ?? We went over the rock that was dropped in and they would like us to use it to help protect some of the tree roots getting exposed. They are working on somebody coming in on a contract to take out the dead tree's and leave 4-5 foot stump/winch points. I am not going to kid you guys the busy is in need of alot of work. We wont be making alot of major visible changes to the trail just fixing alot of water/silt run off problems...:D

Last edited:
Damn I must be losing weight I am now invisable:haha: BTW joe I found some tires and wheels for the jeep trailer. Did they take the lug nuts as well? I will send you the pics in a bit. my feet hurt:booo:

Today i walked some of the trails with the dnr. Most of the park looked pretty good. We walked the busy also. There are alot of things we need to fix up there. If we want to keep the mud holes we need to fix them so mud doesnt wash down the hillside. (easy enough just need man power) There are a few area's where over the winter the trail has moved to go around a difficult spot. Not a problem in some area's, But other area's need to be shifted back into place. The bridge needs to be cleaned before it rots away. We want to keep the mud holes but need to make them passable. What do guys think about digging them deeper and putting bottoms in them then putting the mud back in ?? We went over the rock that was dropped in and they would like us to use it to help protect some of the tree roots getting exposed. They are working on somebody coming in on a contract to take out the dead tree's and leave 4-5 foot stump/winch points. I am not going to kid you guys the busy is in need of alot of work. We wont be making alot of major visible changes to the trail just fixing alot of water/silt run off problems...:D

Are you thinking about fixing the holes the way we did a few last year with the log bottoms? How did that hold up over the winter?

Thanks for finding some tires Jim..... Gibby the holes held up ok.. What amazed me was the bypass looked like a virgin trail.....

Hi Joe, did you post flyers for the work party on the information boards today when you were at the campground? If you can mark the dangerous trees on the trails, I know some professional tree cutters that would cut them for free. When I used the bathroom, I noticed the door lock is still broken, is that on the to do list for next weekend? Does Nancy need money to fix it? If she does, have her call me at 253-314-6507 Corey. Today our group of 8 vehicles ran most of the trails at Elbe, except for the Busy, and they are great! We had a fun time! Some of us will be there next weekend too, I will be there to help in my fullsize Chevy pickup on 48" tall tires. My truck is 92" wide, 111" wheelbase, and fit everywhere.
:hi:

I am glad you guys has a great run. I am hoping we have a new door knob by the work party. Its a commercial size knob i guess.. And from what i seen today it looks like we are going to have to skin that area of the door so that a new knob will stay in the hole.

It was brought to my attention tonight that the water hole at the end of the swamp trail is getting way to deep and needs a bottom. If other users feel the same way please post up.

Cory on the tree cutter subject.... Talk to Nancy about it at the work party. Every dime we can save can be used for better projects to make the trails more fun....:awesomework:

I will try and be there.

My family might be going to our cabin that weekend, if we are, then I have to help my dad put in a fireplace. If we are doing that the weekend after, then I'll be able to go to the work party.

I'll post tomorrow if I have to help my dad or not.

Eh, sorry guys, I can't make it, I have to help my dad. I'll most likely be at the next one whether it be Evans Creek or Elbe again though.