• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Next time you come to Harlan...

The little cabin beside of that on is nice it holds a lot of people and has a full bathroom awesome pic BTW

Re:

^ we stayed in that one last year and I was really nice. For the costs between everyone that went it was a lot easier than a tent or worrying about setting up my buddies pop up

IT AIN,T THAT FAR DAMMIT......its an old ancient damn ritual called TRAIL RIDING thru some trails and up some mountains :flipoff1:

Stayed in one of the cabins last fall, great folks to deal with. Trip to town wasn't bad, just make sure you bring what you need for campfire libations. (Dry county, long way to the closest beer store)

highrolrcustoms said:
Any improvements to the trail head..... we stayed there a few years back the trailhead towards the top had some steep switchbacks and steep climbs... not that I have a problem but seems like it would be pretty challenging when wet for certain rigs... especially going down!

We were there for Thanksgving, got down to 18* overnight. The steep switchbacks at the top definitely added a little pucker factor to the start of our ride when covered with ice in the mornings.

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
We were there for Thanksgving, got down to 18* overnight. The steep switchbacks at the top definitely added a little pucker factor to the start of our ride when covered with ice in the mornings.

Those switchbacks are mainly why i always stay in evarts. When i go to harlan i beat on my juggy pretty hard and sometimes breakage occurs. Lol. The one time i stayed in putney i broke the steering on the juggy and had to catch a ride down through evarts and around the mountain on main road to my campsite at putney to get to my welder to weld the part to get ke back up and going. Whole ordeal took about 4 hours. I just cant imagine trying to get a broke rig towed back down the putney trailhead. Awesome cabins and facilities though. I will deff check it out again next year

We stay on this side everytime we go to Harlan, stayed there last weekend. Steves a great guy to deal with, never had any issues with anything. Plus a hot shower is great at the end of the day. The switch backs never bothered me. As for a broken rig it wouldn't be and different than breaking at mason jar, either one would be tough.

If you take a right out of the campground and go into I think Cumberland bout 8 miles,,they got beer n likker,,,,one cool store named WHISKEY BEER!

I stayed at Putney once. The bathroom facilities were very nice compared to Evarts and I think it takes less time to get to Putney, but I generally stay at Evarts because I like being closer to town, easier access for broken rigs, and closer to main obstacles.

Super nice people to deal with. Only been once and we stayed in the pimp ass big cabin. One guy broke his steering box off his xj and we used the shop to fix it. Didnt charge us only told us to give him a little money to help cover some of the cost of tools that we used. I want to go back but its a 7 hour dive from here and it's hard to make that a weekend trip.

Heres the hell givin break dance episode that broke Kevins klune box at the bottom of Lower Damnation back when that ledge was bad....

jeeptj99 said:
I want to go back but its a 7 hour drive from here and it's hard to make that a weekend trip.

:eek: It's 7-8 hours to any of the closest parks for us and about 12 hours to Harlan. We've got a few old limestone pits down here, but nothing like actually being up in the mountains. Most of our trips end up being 4-5 days so that we can get 3 full days of wheeling before having to head back home to Orlando, FL.

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
:eek: It's 7-8 hours to any of the closest parks for us and about 12 hours to Harlan. We've got a few old limestone pits down here, but nothing like actually being up in the mountains. Most of our trips end up being 4-5 days so that we can get 3 full days of wheeling before having to head back home to Orlando, FL.

Yeah I don't need to bitch about that. 12 hours is a long haul.

I guess we're lucky, I thought 4 hrs was a haul. But its defiantly worth the trip

poolman said:
I guess we're lucky, I thought 4 hrs was a haul. But its defiantly worth the trip

X2

Harlan and Morris Mountian are both about 4-5 hours from me... Everything else is closer!

The Putney side looks pretty nice now.