• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nhra vs street outlaws

R

rednecklights

http://www.dragzine.com/news/street-outlaws-participants-face-nhra-license-suspension/

Hmmm ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just kinda glanced over the letter they sent, but it sure does sound like everything listed there can or cannot be done at a NHRA event, and what they do outside the event isnt covered in that "section 1.3.1" or whatever.

I think its crap, its a reality show. They don't actually race on public roads. NHRA need to find something better to do

s10me said:
I think its crap, its a reality show. They don't actually race on public roads. NHRA need to find something better to do
I agree. If you want to watched staged drama and behind the scenes scripted stuff watch reality shows. If you wanna watch just racing watch racing. I have watched 2 episodes of Street Outlaws and I'm sure the races are legit but I can promise you the drama is at best influenced. :****:

I get the feeling NHRA is looking after the sport. Kids see this kinda crap on TV and don't have enough sense to realize it is not real. Then these same kids end up killing themselves or someone else street racing. Next thing you know everyone's out to ban drag racing because nobody takes responsibility for their own actions and wants to blame someone or something else for their own stupidity. NHRA is trying to distance themselves from that.

It's obvious they are racing on streets. How unprepped is not seen illegal? **** no. Obviously blocked off with huge ****in lights set up. I drag race and there is no question about it. They are ****in quick street or not. The s10 honestly amazes me at how they get the sumbitch to hook. I built a 1000hp s10 and couldn't get it to hook for ****. :****: I believe Mike 5brosfab got to drive it once. Or was it the malibu. Can't remember. Either way total respect for the power and rides these mofos are making.

rednecklights said:
1000hp s10.? Pretty sweet. Must have had sbf power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a ford guy I would love to say yes buuuuuuut no. It was a 572 with an 871 blower with two 1000cfm carbs.
296bb769b624839b58914c3047046550_zpsf9b8e9fa.jpg

f4db545d5f04dd5f32b8d8bfbe3c6d8f_zpsc4674556.jpg

It was the S-dime I drove. 1/8 mile, foot brake (because Patrick didn't trust me with the trans brake), feather into it and letting off half track (it tried like hell to turn and look at the burnout box), and it still ran a 9. It was a fast mofo. Wish he still had it, I wasn't done with it.
:driving:

5BrothersFabrication said:
It was the S-dime I drove. 1/8 mile, foot brake (because Patrick didn't trust me with the trans brake), feather into it and letting off half track (it tried like hell to turn and look at the burnout box), and it still ran a 9. It was a fast mofo. Wish he still had it, I wasn't done with it.
:driving:

It was a high 5's truck lol

First one I ever fooled with was a 377 small block blower motor with carbs, ran 6.40 1/8 mile, put a hat on it with alky, ran 5.50's

5BrothersFabrication said:
But for only getting a brrrraaAAAAAAAAAAAP...brap...brp, I think that's pretty impressive. I mean, the fawker was trying to swap ends with me. :****:

**** can be intimidating for sure.

Luckily I get to build drag cars as a part of my job. Bad thing is I get a new one every year. Hard to get used to a car that way.