• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nhra vs street outlaws

d_daffron said:
I get the feeling NHRA is looking after the sport. Kids see this kinda crap on TV and don't have enough sense to realize it is not real. Then these same kids end up killing themselves or someone else street racing. Next thing you know everyone's out to ban drag racing because nobody takes responsibility for their own actions and wants to blame someone or something else for their own stupidity. NHRA is trying to distance themselves from that.

Fully agree. I'm actually a little red assed at the sheeple blow back on the NHRA.

When is the last time you talked about the NHRA? When is the last time you really heard anything about the NHRA that got your attention before this? Seems like a logical attention grabber.

Anyone that has ever street raced and anyone that has half a brain can tell "race night" is staged as hell. Who brings light towers out to be inconspicuous? The testing might be a little more real.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

crawlin85cj said:
When is the last time you talked about the NHRA? When is the last time you really heard anything about the NHRA that got your attention before this? Seems like a logical attention grabber.

Anyone that has ever street raced and anyone that has half a brain can tell "race night" is staged as hell. Who brings light towers out to be inconspicuous? The testing might be a little more real.

X2

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ

Its for sure staged, but they are still on some kind of road in the middle of the nowhere, pulling the front tires knee high for about 100' out! got to give the boys some credit, they got there **** together.

zukimaster said:
Its for sure staged, but they are still on some kind of road in the middle of the nowhere, pulling the front tires knee high for about 100' out! got to give the boys some credit, they got there **** together.

Their **** is fast and setup right for sure. Gotta give credit for sure.

crawlin85cj said:

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ

^^^^^ THIS

Entertainment is entertainment,,,and safety is safety,,,NHRA seems a lil jealous of Outlaw's huge and growing fan base.

And by starting this stink over the Outlaw's show the NHRA has indirectly yet directly involved themselves with it :wtflol:

Don't think they are entered in the event. You can watch live stream right now of the event, they are running qual. 275 outlaw right now go to www.dragcoverage.com the link is on the front page. It had stopped feeding so I stepped over here while they are getting it back on line. Right before it stopped the Precision Turbo Chevy II made a wicked pass. RTR

Last year Tina, Doc, Freakin-Rickin and one more (?name) from the show were at SGMP for the Lights Out event. They were not running their cars just shaking hands and representing. Tina is prettier in person than she is on TV. She had a cast I think on her arm from the late season crash last year. RTR

Boosted and Kayla was at Hub City Drag way in Hattisburg MS this past weekend. Boosted is pretty damn fast to be on small tires.

Almost all of the Street Outlaws guys were at Lights Out tonight. Just hanging out though...not racing. I saw Murder Nova, Big Chief, Monza, Daddy Dave, Kamikaze, Varley, and Chuck. Small tire racing seems to be taking off! The announcer said there was over 10k people there tonight, and over 400 cars racing. The X275 class had 55 cars in the qualifying field.

The Outlaw 10.5/RVW #1 qualifier ran 4.03 @ 200 in the 1/8...on a 275 radial :****:! It's ridiculous how fast they can get down the track on those small tires. I'm not really that into it but It's cool as hell to me

This ol boy went for a wild ride today as well

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mas2gVQ4HDA

pholmann said:
That is a good damn question. Seems a little lax huh.

Seems like Team Robby Bobby Racing put on an unsanctioned event while the track owners were in Boca. I mean, this looks like an amateur tackle football game at LP Field and anybody can stand on the sidelines. :dunno: