• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nhra vs street outlaws

That's typical about at any of these street cars races, I have been to lots of them, same every where you go, lots of the darker colored folks running there mouths a mile a minute and wanting to bet in everything.

Dam, it's just crazy how fast this stuff has got! I mean the dam leaf spring cars with no wheelie bars was running 4.70-4.80!

That's the major problem with those events, brings out every hood rat with a little d-money in his pocket. Our little local track usually has anywhere from 100-300 packed around the lanes on any given Friday night slanging cash on every race. If their is a big race or two scheduled, easily double that! :****:

^can't help but think that would likely have been prevented by racing on a track instead of a random street with a bunch of spectators standing on the curb with no barriers at all. With all the time and energy the "street outlaws" spend setting up their "illegal" races you'd think they could have just as easily set up a race at a track and not had to worry about cops hassling them. No doubt hooking up the kinda power they are on an unprepared surface is awesome but it is illegal for a reason. At least if someone gets killed at the dragstrip, they knew what they were getting into instead of just trying to drive home then BAM hit by some kid who can't handle the whopping 300hp that mustang puts out.

On Street Outlaws the only person in front of the cars is the starter, all other people are behind the cars. It's like everything else on TV, it's for entertainment. You don't see it, but I bet there is an ambulance hidden somewhere behind the scenes.