• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

No sleep till' Moab

Symon623 said:
Prolly one of the biggest events anywhere? It'll keep gettin bigger with more and more peeps gettin into wheelin and more peeps buyin up land to recreate on. Lionsback is now closed for the sake of condos which sucks but Area BFE is getting bigger or should I say more challenging and known?
Their building condos next to lions back? That sucks because that was a fun climb. When I went up they had a beer & snack bar at the bottom and you had to pay $5.00 to the camp ground because they owned the first 20' or so of the first climb. How is this going to affect potato salad hill , dump bump, and hells revenge?

Well... ran the exhaust, installed the 4 to 1 and heavy duty output in the 300, installed the radiator. Started it up.... Just got the odds and ends to mount up and then I can focus on the cage. Man... it almost takes the fun out of the build doing it this fast.... almost.

Lincolnlock said:
Well... ran the exhaust, installed the 4 to 1 and heavy duty output in the 300, installed the radiator. Started it up.... Just got the odds and ends to mount up and then I can focus on the cage. Man... it almost takes the fun out of the build doing it this fast.... almost.

HA------never---consider it an "extreem" challenge sam :D

The odds and ends crap suck... I rewired the engine. Ran new fuel lines and transmission cooler lines. Installed the rediculous transmission cooler. Now I'm working on the upper radiator mount. I also just ordered 50 gillion million bazilion things from summit. So... as soon as it drives again I'll start on le' cage.

Ok got some more done. The new power steering pump brackets will be here today and I'll be able to drive it around again. Everything to make it drive is done. Now I just need to make a skid plate and I'll be able to install the winch and the cage.

Last edited:
looks like it is coming together. I have one question though, why is your enginge mounted so high. My sbc in my yj sits much lower and i have a flat bellypan.

If you have never seen a CJ frame and a YJ frame side by side. The YJ frame has a much larger step up where the engine would mount. The engine is actually sitting downhill from the transfer case due to the T-Case not being clocked. If I were to mount the engine this way in a YJ it would be hard to close the hood. Believe me.... It's low. It's hard to see how things are mounted through pictures. But... people like them. So I post them. There is 20 1/2 inchs to the frame rail with the 38's at full air pressure. I'm ready for 42's! (Or 44" boggers) :redneck:

Yeah maybe you can bring your trash talking napa u-joint friend with you. I missed the temper tantrum he put on while I was putting a new spring in. Besides... wasn't it an s&n chassis that we had to weld on for an hour before we started the trail? Not to mention the broken axle truss. :flipoff:

yo sam i might go to EJS now if i do go find me, ill be driving this :flipoff:

img0099tg9.jpg

Lincolnlock said:
Yeah maybe you can bring your trash talking napa u-joint friend with you. I missed the temper tantrum he put on while I was putting a new spring in. Besides...
Who was that guy, I dont seem to remember. I guess I missed the temper tantrum as I was wheeling.:flipoff:

Lincolnlock said:
If you have never seen a CJ frame and a YJ frame side by side. The YJ frame has a much larger step up where the engine would mount. The engine is actually sitting downhill from the transfer case due to the T-Case not being clocked. If I were to mount the engine this way in a YJ it would be hard to close the hood. Believe me.... It's low. It's hard to see how things are mounted through pictures. But... people like them. So I post them. There is 20 1/2 inchs to the frame rail with the 38's at full air pressure. I'm ready for 42's! (Or 44" boggers) :redneck:

Thats cool. I have swapped sbc's into 4 different cjs but it was a while ago so they must have stuck up a little. the last couple we used art morrison tube crossmembers so it mounted different anyway. THe build looks good. I think you will make it to your deadline. :cheer: