• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

North Bend Snoqualmie

86military

I joined the site back in September but work has kept me from wheeling. Looking for someone,this Sunday, to show me some trails in North Bend Snoqualmie area. I have a 86 blazer detroits in both ends, cross over steering , 35in tires but for the rocks in Moab also have a 1946 Willys built for Moab. I can use either one but I have to tow the willys as it will only go about 45mph because of the gearing. I prefer the blazer since it has heat and I wont get wet if it rains.

Looking forward to meeting you

Chuck
425 495 3380

Good luck Chuck. There USED to be a couple trails up the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie but they were put to sleep years ago. There is a coulp of side roads towards the end of the North Fork of the Snoqualmie but they are short and there isnt much to them. Im sad to say that there really isnt but around North Bend.

Maybe someone knows something I dont, but I think youre going to be out of luck.

Maybe someone knows something I dont said:
I know some trails :stirpot: A full size blazer won't fit to well but would still be fun. There's a small trail system near truck town that I haven't been to in awhile but we used to hang out there all the time before I discovered Reiter. I re-opened the old jeep trails out on the Middle fork road and their fun becuase washouts have taken out the trail in several sections, leaving boulder fields. If you know your way you can even connect the middle fork road to the top of the Mt Si road, 2-3 hour trip. All i do is cut the dead fall out of the way each year, haven't been up there since this winter though. Last I saw the middle fork road was closed though at the end of the pavement, must be washed out too. I've been meaning to get out there and take a look. You could probably talk me into taking my family in our FJ80 out there on Sunday? I can't get to carried away cause I bougth the SUV for my lady but the kids would love it.

There's more trails too, just need to know where to look!

Darby 425-445-7492

Darby,
Sounds good if your still up for lets meet at 9am at the QFC parking lot. I will be in a military blazer that is lifted.
Chuck
425 495 3380

I know some trails :stirpot: A full size blazer won't fit to well but would still be fun. There's a small trail system near truck town that I haven't been to in awhile but we used to hang out there all the time before I discovered Reiter. I re-opened the old jeep trails out on the Middle fork road and their fun becuase washouts have taken out the trail in several sections, leaving boulder fields. If you know your way you can even connect the middle fork road to the top of the Mt Si road, 2-3 hour trip. All i do is cut the dead fall out of the way each year, haven't been up there since this winter though. Last I saw the middle fork road was closed though at the end of the pavement, must be washed out too. I've been meaning to get out there and take a look. You could probably talk me into taking my family in our FJ80 out there on Sunday? I can't get to carried away cause I bougth the SUV for my lady but the kids would love it.

Darby 425-445-7492

I can only "assume" that you had permission and followed alll of the proper channels to 'reopen" the closed trails. Otherwise welcome to the 1% crowd:booo:

The Midddle Fork is closed at Dingford Creek. Now I have to hike an extra 14 miles on a dirt road to access some of my favorite hiking trails.

Part of the reason for the gate was people trashing the area with 4x4's and trash ect....

Please wheel where it is legal, so you dont ruin it more for the rest of us.

It is not that much of a drive to Reiter from North Bend, and it will be worth the drive. I suggest the Jeep, the Blazer will get busted up.

The Midddle Fork is closed at Dingford Creek. Now I have to hike an extra 14 miles on a dirt road to access some of my favorite hiking trails.

Part of the reason for the gate was people trashing the area with 4x4's and trash ect....

Please wheel where it is legal, so you dont ruin it more for the rest of us.

It is not that much of a drive to Reiter from North Bend, and it will be worth the drive. I suggest the Jeep, the Blazer will get busted up.

I see your point. I was never out to "trash" the area with my 4x, I've lived out here my whole life and watched what dumb poeple in 4x's can do to the woods. The old jeep trails are still accessed without driving around a gate and there's no posted signage saying otherwise. I have a map and the roads are marked, numbered and even show the location of the washouts. When I said opened back up, I should have explained myself better. All I did was remove the dead fall that had come down and blocked the road higher up. The terrain is criss crossed with active logging raods all over that area and I'm sure they'll be using the old CC roads again soon. To the best of my knowledge the main road is only closed because of winter damage that made it very rough and I'm sure they'll fix that soon.

That being said, I do prefer Reiter and go all the time, way more fun than my back yard. I haven't been up the Middle fork trails in over a year now and now I'm wondering if it is illeagal and may choose to never go up there again.

It is a shame though that logging can rape the land up there but i can't drive on an old road thats been there for years.

I see your point. I was never out to "trash" the area with my 4x, I've lived out here my whole life and watched what dumb poeple in 4x's can do to the woods. The old jeep trails are still accessed without driving around a gate and there's no posted signage saying otherwise. I have a map and the roads are marked, numbered and even show the location of the washouts. When I said opened back up, I should have explained myself better. All I did was remove the dead fall that had come down and blocked the road higher up. The terrain is criss crossed with active logging raods all over that area and I'm sure they'll be using the old CC roads again soon. To the best of my knowledge the main road is only closed because of winter damage that made it very rough and I'm sure they'll fix that soon.

That being said, I do prefer Reiter and go all the time, way more fun than my back yard. I haven't been up the Middle fork trails in over a year now and now I'm wondering if it is illeagal and may choose to never go up there again.

It is a shame though that logging can rape the land up there but i can't drive on an old road thats been there for years.

Yes it is it really brings on the suck. I wish we could afford the lawyers that the logging companys have.

So, if there are good 4x4 trails up there still then please share the information as a GPX track so others can use it too. If it is used, then we can get it into the US Forest Service's roads inventory and get it designated as a 4x4 trail. If it isn't in their road inventory then it *will* be illegal to drive very very soon.

The day of keeping 4x4 trails quiet and to ourselves is over. We need to get as many of them as possible inventoried so we can save them for future use.

Craig

Tinkam/Exit 38 (even though much of it is closed) are good weekend/siteseeing trails. Otherwise just make the trip to Reiter it's worth it. I live in Fall City right below you. Welcome. Darby let me know when your going next. I need to camp, as long as it's somewhat dry. :redneck:

ran up middle fork this morning... few inches of fresh snow, most of the washouts have been pushed out. the road is closed at the taylor river due to fallen tree. i think you could make it that far in a stock rig, although a few of the blowouts might be interesting...

It is a shame though that logging can rape the land up there but i can't drive on an old road thats been there for years. And then the greenies come in and claim it for yet another hikers paradise
Fixed it for you:awesomework:

I'd be down for some trail running in your 'back yard' sometime in the future as well.
I'll keep this post for future use. You guys have fun this weekend:redneck:

Darby 425-445-7492

Im pretty sure I know what you're talking about Darby. Probably some of the same places Ive been. Im pretty sure nothing is open now though......

im in bellevue, Id be game for a snow run this week.

425 320 8973

we may venture out saturday night or sunday morning... middle fork is calling , i have heard the bridge over the Taylor washed out and that's what is closing the road. Plenty of fun to be had between the pavement and the Taylor.