• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

northerners

Anybody use the outdoor boilers? My boss put one in a couple years ago and loves it. He was using over 6K in propane a year. He is heating like 6K SF though. He has to have the best of the best and spent almost 20K on it but no more propane. Also heats his water.

Portage and Maine is the one he got. It's unreal how good it works. 3 years and you could prob fit all his ashes in a couple of wheel barrows. If I stay here I'm seriously thinking about putting one in.

Toddy said:
Anybody use the outdoor boilers? My boss put one in a couple years ago and loves it. He was using over 6K in propane a year. He is heating like 6K SF though. He has to have the best of the best and spent almost 20K on it but no more propane. Also heats his water.

Portage and Maine is the one he got. It's unreal how good it works. 3 years and you could prob fit all his ashes in a couple of wheel barrows. If I stay here I'm seriously thinking about putting one in.
A couple of buddies rented a huge house setup like that once. The only downside seemed to be making the trip outside to stoke it when needed. The place also had a ~1500 sq/ft garage with heated concrete floors that ran off the boiler. That was flashemifyougotem

Toddy said:

This is what I have for home heating, and water. Mine is a central boiler, pretty much everything out there these days is really nice. If you have a wood source it's the only way to go. I'll have a boiler till I can't cut and split anymore.

I moved from stlouis to bham 9 years ago. I actually miss a little snow in winter. Getting up at 6 am put a 4 wheeler in the bed of a 4x4 pickup and go play on the interstates before the plows. Church parking lots. Pulling others out of ditches. Truck hoods on a rope behind pickup.

Down here a little snow or ice everyone freaks out.

I use a geothermal water furance to heat and cool and heat my water it's pretty dam good on electric and I ain't gotta cut no wood for power failures I run a whole house backup propane genarater. Self starting and shutdown. Now that I type this I realize I'm a lazy mother ****er :flipoff1:

NTIDWELL said:
I use a geothermal water furance to heat and cool and heat my water it's pretty dam good on electric and I ain't gotta cut no wood for power failures I run a whole house backup propane genarater. Self starting and shutdown. Now that I type this I realize I'm a lazy mother ****er :flipoff1:
Sounds like my kinda setup!