• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Northwest fab doubler

Ok, so that looks like a pretty soft mounted setup. I can see how that would work perfect in conjunction with the motor mounts, and i see how your torque mount works also (i wouldn't have mounted it solid anyways, i would still have a bushing in it somewhere)

This is what i got for on the frame rails, then just mounting directly to the t-cases somehow, it will be the same style for the trans. mount also, and maybe the torque mount (if i do one...more than likely from the sounds of it...)

will this be too stiff? ( I got 4 of them for the crossmembers, maybe need a 5th)
http://eastsidecustomtruck.com/i-60443-bushing-assembly-1-34-x-120.html

you can use poly or watever you like just make all mounts out of like material and it will be good soft on motor hard elsewere not good

Thank you very much for the advise. I am usually the one that makes the mistakes it seems so everyone else doesn't have to. I see what you mean now about a bracket that attaches the 203 plate to the 205, it sure can't hurt anything. Also, I am going to add some sort of torque mount, probably very similar to yours. It make sense to me, the 205 is what transmits all the torque to the rest of the drivetrain. In a chassis book I have, (for drag racing) the issue they talk about, is to use only one point to support or hang on to the torque, either use the motor mounts, or the trans mount, in our case its the t case, not both. But if you think about it and read between the lines, supporting it at the t case makes more sense, that will takes the load off everything forward of it, including stress on the adapter. And having two points to control torque, engine and t case, if you get any frame twist, something is going to break. So if you have a stiff chassis like a buggy, the same type of mounts all the way thru should work fine. I just hope it works on the trail for me.

Just been down that road.....Trying to save you guys the same problems that i went through. Kyle if asked will tell you torque mount is needed. Or you stand a good chance of breaking somthing.

Last edited: